News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

CallerID just shows number?

Started by Kramy, September 20, 2015, 03:05:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kramy

Hello,

When I place outgoing calls, the CallerID name just shows the phone number without any dashes, and then right below that there's the phone number with dashes.

How do I change the name to something useful? I'm with voip.ms, and have explored all the options in their control panel. I tried changing 'CallerIDName' under 'SP1 Service' for my Obi200, but after submitting and rebooting it resets back to default. Perhaps that's the problem? How do I correct that?

-Kramy

Taoman

From the VoIP.ms wiki:
QuoteCNAM is only available for some USA numbers. In order to update your Caller ID on the CNAM database for your US calls, there is a process to follow which has a cost of $10 USD (one time only fee). Please contact the Voip.ms support staff to get further details on what information you need to submit and to confirm if your local US DID is available for a CNAM update.

CNAM update is only available for some Local US DIDs. Toll frees can not have their Caller ID name updated.

Kramy

Hello again,

I'm in Canada, and I have a PAP2T and SPA112 that it works fine on. Also works on softphones like Zoiper and XLite. It's only the Obi200 that has a problem with it.  ???

-Kramy

Taoman

Quote from: Kramy on September 20, 2015, 03:05:27 PM
I tried changing 'CallerIDName' under 'SP1 Service' for my Obi200, but after submitting and rebooting it resets back to default. Perhaps that's the problem? How do I correct that?

Didn't realize your were in Canada.

How do you normally manage your OBi device? From the OBitalk web portal or from the web interface on the device itself? It sounds like you configured your device initially from the OBi web portal but you are now trying to make this change from the local web interface. If so, any changes you make will be overwritten. You need to decide if you want to manage your device locally or thru the OBi web portal and stick with that method.

Try making the exact same change (CallerIDName) on the OBi web portal using Expert Mode (Advanced Configuration) by clicking on the gear icon with the red E in the middle of it on the OBi web portal and then saving your changes.

Kramy

QuoteTry making the exact same change (CallerIDName) on the OBi web portal using Expert Mode (Advanced Configuration) by clicking on the gear icon with the red E in the middle of it on the OBi web portal and then saving your changes.

That was the solution! Thanks!

I didn't realize that it would overwrite my settings even if I didn't sign in again. I used the web portal initially to check out how easy it would be. I noticed that it has some delay. (Ex: It thought it was on older firmware for about half a day after I installed an upgrade. It also sat at unregistered even when the phone was functional. Not exactly speedy/realtime status updates.)

It appears quite speedy in the other direction, though!  :P

Thanks again!

-Kramy