News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Having issues setting up Obi200

Started by KIWIOBI, July 07, 2015, 01:14:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KIWIOBI

Hi folks,
I have an Obi200. I am in New Zealand.
I originally set the device up using the online system. But then when I thought I couldn't edit certain advanced settings (didn't know about Expert mode, at that point), I switched to doing the config offline. Which I prefer anyway. I imported a config file for NZ which I found on this forum... which reportedly gives it the correct tones, etc., for NZ.

I have three lines configured.
1) Google Voice
2) Call Centric
3) DID Logic sip line

Default is set to 3.

When I pick up the phone I get a broken, slow, tone. If I dial, it tells me "No service configured error." and suggests I check my settings on Obitalk site.

I've looked through ALL the settings, and nothing is standing out to me as an obvious reason why it says there is no service connected.

The STATUS shows all three lines are registered/connected.

So after MANY hours, and many attempts over the past month to sort this thing out, I feel like I must be overlooking something significant. But I have no idea who to go about resolving it.

Any suggestions on how I troubleshoot why this error comes up?

Thanks....

JDDD

Hi KIWIOBI,
I had something simular. Go back to basics. Save/backup your config, start with 1 provider, make a simple dial plan, accept the standard tones etc.
After each change, test everything on functionality, leave the tone settings standard.

In the dialplan there are a lot of options, re-routing etc, this can issue the problem you see.
No OBI equipment yet, but trying to buy obi202.

azrobert

The "No Service" error indicates the trunk you're routing the call to is not configured correctly. You said "Default is set to 3". I assume that means you set the phone port primary line to SP3. Try routing a call to SP1 and SP2 using a prefix "**1" and "**2" and see what happens. If you only use Callcentric for inbound calls, you can still route an outbound call to them. You will get an error from them, but it will prove your connection is good.

KIWIOBI

Thank you. I'll try out those tests.

Yes, the physical phone port is set to use SP3.

QUESTION:
I see that the settings on the physical phone port page allows for entering a digitmap. But there is also a digitmap set up on each actual Service Provider (in each ISTP Profile). So which one gets utilised? I need to have a different Digitmap for each provider, so should I just remove the Digitmap settings from the Physical PHONE1 Port settings?

azrobert

Here is an explanation I wrote for someone else. I'm sure you will have additional questions.

Routing an outbound call is a 2 step process.
The Phone Port DigitMap validates the dialed number.
Rule (Mpli) will include the rules in primary line's DigitMap.
If the dialed number doesn't match a rule, you will receive a fast busy.

If the dialed number matches a rule in the DigitMap the phone port outbound call route will route the call to the primary line using rule {(Mpli):pli}

When the Phone Port DigitMap processes a dialed number, rule "<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx" will prefix a 10 digit number with a "1".
The outbound call route will see a dialed 10 digit number as 11 digits.
You can get in trouble using the Phone Port DigitMap (which includes the Primary Line's DigitMap) to modify the dialed number.

If you want to route a call to a trunk other than the primary line you must prefix the number with **n or add a rule.