News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connecting obi 110 to landline device and transferring call

Started by nsandip, March 17, 2013, 03:48:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

nsandip

Hi,

I have a landline which I want to connect to VOIP network (Not disconnect it). Is it possible to connect local PSTN line to obihai and transfer the local incoming call on VOIP network and use call forwarding feature to transfer the call to my cell phone.

I currently use Obihai 110. Can anyone suggest if this is possible and what confirguration is needed.

Thanks

ianobi

nsandip – welcome to the forum.

If I understand correctly, you are talking about "call forwarding" all calls received on the Line Port (PSTN) via a voip provider to your cell phone number.

You can achieve this in various ways – using Star Codes, using Line Port Calling Features or modifying the Line Port InboundCallRoute. I would suggest the last option is the most practical.

Assuming that you have a voip provider on sp1:

Physical Interfaces > LINE Port > InboundCallRoute:
{ph,sp1(12222222222)}

Where 12222222222 is your cell phone number.

This will ring the OBi110 phone and your cell phone number. The first device to answer the call will be connected to the incoming call on the Line Port.

Rick

I would expect that your landline has a capability to call forward.  *72 (or #72 in some areas) followed by the number.  *73 (or #73 in some areas) to unforward.  This MIGHT be a feature that you have to turn on.  It may, or may not, be included in the service you already pay for.

nsandip

ianobi,

Ian your understanding is correct. When you say physical interface it is configuration in obihai device?

I can get get the voip provider. With my current PSTN, I can not set call forward or it is costly hence I am trying to convert this line to VOIP.

Can you please suggest what exact steps I need to follow? My telephony system knowledge is basic.

Thanks

ianobi

I am assuming that you have a voip provider on sp1.

Make the changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

This is how it looks now:
ph

Change it to:
{ph,sp1(12222222222)}

Where 12222222222 is your cell phone number.

giqcass

I used this technique myself but the caller ID of the person calling did not show up.  Instead it shows the CID of SP1.
Long live our new ObiLords!

hwittenb

Quote from: giqcass on March 26, 2013, 02:51:57 PM
I used this technique myself but the caller ID of the person calling did not show up.  Instead it shows the CID of SP1.
Gigcass,

Passing the original caller id is a problem all to itself.  The CID of SP1 showed up because the SP1 voip provider more than likely has a policy to control the outgoing call caller id. 

There is an ITSP setting, X_SpoofCallerID, which sets the incoming call's caller id on the bridged outgoing call but this often causes authentication problems with your outgoing (SP1) voip provider and the call is rejected. 

One way around this problem is to use a voip provider that accepts incoming sip uri calls and then forward this incoming pstn line call to your sip uri at the voip provider.  At the voip provider account level you then setup automatic forwarding to your desired number.  With X_SpoofCallerID set you should be able to pass the incoming call's caller id. 

Voip.ms, Anveo, CallCentric and others can be configured to accept incoming sip uri calls.

Another way around this problem is to use a voip provider that allows you to setup a static numerical ip address for authentication.  Most users though do not have a static numerical ip address.

JOMA

Dears,

I have the same request as expressed here above but I want to forward all incoming calls on the landline toward a SIP URI. Could you explain me how I should do this? Do I have to define a SIP provider? If so how should I configure it knowing that I don't have to authenticate?

Many thanks in advance for your support.

Jo

ianobi

I suggest setting up a "fake" voip service provider as follows using sp2:

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> ProxyServer : 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B -> SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID : checked

Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> Enable : (checked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName : (any letters or numbers but not blank)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable : (unchecked)
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile : B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> CallerIDName : Whatever

Then change incoming Line Port as follows:

{ph,sp2(something@somewhere.com)}

If you do not want the phone attached to the OBi110 to ring then use:

{sp2(something@somewhere.com)}

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.