News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Conference Bridge Speed Dialing With Password and Auth Code

Started by Ansextra, July 10, 2015, 08:08:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ansextra

I just tried setting up a speed dial (as an experiment) with my conference bridge number, my passcode, and then my authorization code as follows:

xxx-xxx-xxxx,,,xxxxxx#,,,xxxxxxx#

The commas are for a pause, the second number is my passcode followed by a pound sign and the third number is my authorization code followed by a pound sign.  When I try dialing this I get a busy signal.

Just wondering if there is any way to set this up?

azrobert

This format is only valid on the Line port/PSTN line.
You would code the speed dial like this:
li(xxxxxxxxxx,,,xxxxxx#,,,xxxxxxx#)

I think each comma is a 1/5 second pause.

If you are not using a PSTN line, you can use the phone book function on a cordless phone handset. If the dial sequence is too long for the phone book entry, you can setup the 1st number as a speed dial then define the phone book entry like this:
xPPxxxxxx#PPxxxxxxx#

drgeoff

Ansextra

Thanks Dr. Geoff.

I searched but for whatever reason your previous message in the other thread didn't come up.  So essentially I'm out of luck...

azrobert

Quote from: azrobert on July 10, 2015, 09:58:04 AM
If you are not using a PSTN line, you can use the phone book function on a cordless phone handset. If the dial sequence is too long for the phone book entry, you can setup the 1st number as a speed dial then define the phone book entry like this:
xPPxxxxxx#PPxxxxxxx#

If you don't have a handset with a phone book, you can use an Android phone with your OBi.
http://lifehacker.com/5643728/insert-commas-into-saved-contact-to-force-extension-friendly-pauses

There are several threads on the forum describing how to use an Android phone with an OBi. If you have an iPhone, you probably can do the same with an OBi2xx.

Ansextra

I'm pretty sure I can program my Panasonic handset to do what I want.  I was hoping to be able to use the Obi because speed dials on that seem to be much faster and I don't hear the tones.  I press the #x and almost instantly get a ringing signal on all my other speed dials.  Oh well...It was an idea.