News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi200 - possible to set do not disturb on a start time, stop time?

Started by cosmichobo, July 15, 2015, 01:48:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cosmichobo

Is it possible to do this?  I've seen the suggestion in another thread to set a lamp timer.  This is not a solution for me as I want to inhibit the phone from ringing during certain hours but I want anyone in the house able to pick up a phone and call out.  Not everyone in the household is versed in how the Obi works.  They just want to pick up the phone and call. Also important that in an emergency you don't have to search for notes on how to enable the phones.

azrobert

The OBi200 has a DND function, but it's not automatic. You would have to dial *78 to enable DND, and *79 to disable it. If you want something automatic, your provider would have to offer this function. GoogleVoice and Callcentric have a DND function based on time of day. If your provider doesn't offer this function, you can forward all calls to a provider that does. GoogleVoice and Callcentric have free accounts. Depending how you forward calls, you are adding 1 or 2 hops to the call plus you're adding another possible point of failure.

cosmichobo

Quote from: azrobert on July 15, 2015, 03:26:37 PM
The OBi200 has a DND function, but it's not automatic. You would have to dial *78 to enable DND, and *79 to disable it. If you want something automatic, your provider would have to offer this function. GoogleVoice and Callcentric have a DND function based on time of day.

Thanks azrobert!  I have GV working with the obi but can't for the life of me find the dnd time of day settings.  Can you point me to it?

azrobert

Click EDIT under GoogleChat
Under Ring Schedule select Use Custom Schedule

drgeoff

Sign in at google.com/voice. Toward top left click on the gear icon and select Settings. On the Phones tab, under Google Chat click Edit.

RFC3261

Quote from: drgeoff on July 15, 2015, 04:13:36 PM
Sign in at google.com/voice.
For those using other providers, if one subscribes to the "free for limited use" ObiHai ObiPLUS Lite/Basic service it has the ability to route calls (i.e. to not ring your phones) based on the time of day ("office hours").  ObiPLUS is a bit overkill for just that feature, but to each their own.

drgeoff

Quote from: RFC3261 on July 16, 2015, 12:06:11 PM
Quote from: drgeoff on July 15, 2015, 04:13:36 PM
Sign in at google.com/voice.
For those using other providers, if one subscribes to the "free for limited use" ObiHai ObiPLUS Lite/Basic service it has the ability to route calls (i.e. to not ring your phones) based on the time of day ("office hours").  ObiPLUS is a bit overkill for just that feature, but to each their own.
I am under the impression that an OBi202 is a minimum requirement for doing anything with any version of OBiPLUS. Is that impression false?

RFC3261

Quote from: drgeoff on July 17, 2015, 08:34:05 AM
I am under the impression that an OBi202 is a minimum requirement for doing anything with any version of OBiPLUS. Is that impression false?
You are correct.  I sometimes just throw all the OBi2xx devices into the same category, and this is one of the (arbitrary) marketing distinctions in the two devices (I suspect they could have chosen to support OBiPLUS on the 200 model).  However, it likely does not matter, as per http://www.obihai.com/faq/obi-business/What-is-OBiPLUS OBiPLUS is no longer available to new customers.