News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi110: Forward calls with pin, but auto ring FXS port after delay

Started by srirams, February 01, 2011, 12:43:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

srirams

Hi,

The obi110 seems like an excellent device, but I wonder if what I would like to do is possible:

I would like to set up the obi110 to forward calls (PSTN->VOIP, and VOIP->PSTN), but be as unobtrusive on the PSTN line as possible. To this end I would like to avoid having a prompt for everybody who calls in, but instead would like to have a short pause waiting for a pin code. If the pin code is entered, then I would like to forward the call, but if no pin code is entered, then have the FXS port ring.

Is this possible?

QBZappy

You could set it up this way:

You must configure the "InboundCallRoute" of the "Voice Services" (SP1 or SP2 service) if you are using SIP accounts, or the line port in the "Physical Interfaces" if you are using the POTS interface.

Check this out:

1): {(<**2>(5145551234|5145556478)):aa($1)}

This will recognize the caller id and make a callback to the CID then offering the Auto Attendant Options#1,2,3 (Continue the call, dial a new number, another callback number) The third option wouldn't make any sense since you already have been called back. This part "<**2>" tells it to dial out on the SP2 you previously set up. You can choose SP1 as well. Caller must hang up before the AA picks up. I've noticed  it is currently setup for one ring. If it is too short you can change the number of rings by changing the duration in the "AnswerDelay" of the auto attendant to a higher number thus increasing the ring number to perhaps 2. I think I got two rings at 8000 setting. Also can control how long you wait before the Obi calls you back. I like it to call back sooner than the default. Still in the following Obi web page go to "Voice Services ->Auto Attendant->"CallbackAnswerDelay". Give it a 5500 value.

2): {(5145551234|5145556478)):aa,{ph}
This will offer the AA if number identified by the Obi is either one inside the (514xxxxxxx), then offering the 3 options. Other wise if not a recognized CID it rings the phone connected on the phone port. You can create a list of home phones, cell, office telephone numbers by separating the numbers with the Pipe character. The key located above the enter key on the right side of the keyboard.

3): sp1(5145551234) or sp2(5145551234) can be used to automatically call out these numbers.

The call back feature can be controlled with a password. I was pleasantly surprised when the unit is bridging a call you get to hear recorded music while you wait the few seconds.

If you need a more specific calling scenario ShermanObi inspired this.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

srirams

Unfortunately, I don't think any of those options will work for me (if I understand you correctly).

I'm not sure if the line has caller id, and how would the fxs port ring automatically after a pause?

There was a neat solution to do this with the SPA3102 posted here. I would rather get the obi110, but need to know if the same thing is possible.

obiliving

Seems that the AA Callback route suggested by QBZappy is not where you want to go.

I think OBi110 can do what you want but you have to rely on the Auto Attendant (AA).
When the call comes in from VOIP or PSTN, you can setup the unit to invoke the
AA (for certain caller numbers that you want, or for any caller number esp. if you don't
have caller-id).

The AA provides 3 options: 1, 2, and 3. For your case, you can have your friends dial
2 immediately, then enter a PIN followed by #, and then the target number followed by # to
call further (VOIP or PSTN, etc.).

If the caller does not select any of the 3 options, the AA will announce the menu 2 times (10-20s), then route the call to the PHONE Port quietly. The caller can also select option 1 to force the
call to ring the PHONE Port immediately also.

There is no option to "silent" the AA unfortunately. But you can ask your
callers to just key ahead the option (1 or 2) to skip the AA announcement.

srirams

so the aa prompt is hard coded? what about other languages and so forth?

The solution with the spa3102 was to have a dial plan like: P5<:1234@127.0.0.1>|xx, so that after 5 seconds the fxs port will ring automatically. Does the obi110 not support having a dial plan like so?

QBZappy

srirams,

Have a look at this thread. He has a dial delay issue. Might be your solution, Read up P96-98 of the admin manual. I think you should pay close attention to the "S" value of the dial plan. If you incorporate it into your dial plan you will be able to control the number of seconds before the next call process of the dial plan. See the example in the thread below.

OBiTALK Community > General Support > Day-to-Day Use > Dialing Delay on Outgoing Calls...help!

Let us know.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

QBZappy

I read the exchange between srirams and Stewart over at http://www.dslreports.com/forum/r25389379-Equipment-Recommend-me-a-gateway-device-VOIP-FXS-FXS-

Stewart's clever approach was to do the following:
"I set up the PSTN Line section of the SPA3102 to answer immediately, no authentication, dial plan (P5<:1234@127.0.0.1>|xx.) where 1234 is the User ID for the FXS port. When you call the POTS line, dial tone plays. If you dial a number, it connects via the PSTN line VoIP account. Otherwise, after five seconds, it rings the FXS port. In real life, you'll want a dial plan that requires starting with a secret code, blocks international calls, etc. You might also change the dial tone to sound like ringback tone in the country where the device is located.

Which country is that?"

srirams,
Changing the dial tone to the ring back tone is perfect and exactly what I was looking for!

This basically gives DISA service on the ATA. Then changing the dial tone sound to a ring back tone before allowing the calling party 5 seconds to call out on the POTS line otherwise the FXS port rings. Changing the dial tone to ring back gives the impression the phone is ringing when in fact you have 5 seconds to dial out before the phone really is ringing. The unit becomes a transparent gateway in another country.

Unless I missed it, I haven't found anything in the manual which lets the Obi pick up the call without CID. The user assumes CID is not available. Can someone smarter than me explain how the Obi can reproduce this solution?