News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

anveo special promo - you lose control of ur sip credentials

Started by vin123, August 24, 2015, 01:34:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vin123

i had anveo and decided to signup to the anveo special promo basic plan, but i didnt know i would lose control of my sip credentials.
if i wanted to use a softphone i can no longer use one as i dont know the sip pw.
you also need to have obitalk auto provisioning turned on as thats how it gets its dcredentials.
is there a money back guarantee as i been only on it for less than a week

SteveInWA

Well duh.  That's how the managed service provider offerings work.

Contact Anveo if you don't want that plan; we can't help you with that.

vin123

well duh, its not posted anywhere that you lose control of your sip credentials and/or thats its a managed service, if you can enlighten me were any of this is posted that would be nice.

OBoy

You'd have to dig deep in the forum to find it, but it's referenced here:  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=7391.0

I had originally ported "my" Google Voice number to an Anveo Personal Unlimited plan to get control of the number when it was unclear what the future for GV would be.  I continued to use another GV number for "free" outbound calling.

About 15 months ago I switched to the Anveo for OBiTalk plan for no particular reason and, like you, discovered access to my SIP credentials was restricted.  My VoIP needs are modest so it didn't matter to me.

Anveo doesn't refund prepaid subscriptions, but it's worth asking them if they will switch back to your previous plan and prorate what you've already paid for OBiTalk plan.

I may be wrong about this, but as I recall, you can only register one device to an Anveo account and sub-accounts are required, at an additional monthly cost, for each additional device.

I recently closed my Anveo account and ported my number to RingTo.  For my needs, it's a better fit and the price is certainly right.

Good luck in getting your account straightened out.