News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Help routing Obitalk service from sp1:Phonepower to sp2:GV on Obi110

Started by flanda, August 06, 2015, 11:28:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

flanda

I signed up with Phonepower back when GV support was going away and configured it on sp1. I kept GV on sp2, however. Over the past six+ months I have been getting a ton of call drops (at least 2 per call, 4-5 per day) and suspect Phonepower. Most of my calls are over the ObiTalk service and I never had this problem back when I had GV as my primary service provider on sp1.

Before calling Phonepower tech support I wanted to test this by rerouting ObiTalk service calls to GV on sp2.

I changed my default OutboundCallRoute configuration of
{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp}

to
{(<**9:>(Mpp)):sp2}

thinking it would be a simple way to force Mpp ObiTalk service calls prefixed by **9 over GV on sp2.  However, when I configure it and dial another Obi with a **9 prefix I get a message that the service provider does not recognize the number and repeats the entire number, including the **9, so Obi110 is not stripping the prefix as I thought it should.  The manual is not very clear on the definition of pp specifically, only saying that {(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp} "[Uses] the OBiTALK Service to call all numbers that start with **9 and subsequent digits matching OBiTALK Service's DigitMap".

Can anyone suggest a different configuration short of having to swap sp1 and sp2?  I don't want to route everything to sp2, just the ObiTalk service calls. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

OzarkEdge

You can only route OBiTALK numbers to the OBiTALK Service.  These are 9-digit numbers that have an 'ob' prefixed to them when processed by the OBiTALK digit map, (Mpp).

You can not route OBiTALK numbers with the 'ob' prefix to GV.

Check your OBi Call History and your service provider logs to determine which service is dropping calls, GV or OBiTALK.

OE

flanda

Thanks OE. 
Maybe I don't understand how the ObiTalk service works exactly.  I thought the ObiTalk service was somehow dependent on the service provider configuration, but it doesn't sound like it is.  So my problem must be the ObiTalk service, since most of the dropped calls are between Obi110s.

Thanks again for your reply.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: flanda on August 06, 2015, 09:58:23 PM
Thanks OE.  
Maybe I don't understand how the ObiTalk service works exactly.  I thought the ObiTalk service was somehow dependent on the service provider configuration, but it doesn't sound like it is.  So my problem must be the ObiTalk service, since most of the dropped calls are between Obi110s.

Thanks again for your reply.

OBiTALK is a proprietary peer-to-peer network operated by Obihai.  It does not interconnect with any other voice service network.  It is configured on your OBi under Voice Services - OBiTALK Service.

Hard to say what is causing your dropped calls... the OBiTALK network, your ISPs, your home network/router, misconfigured or failing OBis/power supplies.

Ask Obihai... if they want to charge for support, they should provide support... it's their equipment and network.

OE