News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Can't add Obi 100 back to dashboard

Started by vanhelsing, August 01, 2015, 12:15:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

vanhelsing

I have had my OBi for a couple of years now. I have Vestalink as my primary phone service and had Google Voice set up on SP2 I believe.
I was having problems with dropped calls and did a factory reset of my Obi as Vestalink support asked me to do. I also deleted my Obi device from my OBi Talk dashboard.
Since then i have tried many times to add the device back with no luck. I've read many suggestions on the forum, but none seem to work.
I can get add my Vestalink account automatically to the OBi but it shows as a Softphone on Obitalk.
I want to add the device back, have Vestalink as my primary phone service and Google Voice as a backup as I had before.

Help!!

drgeoff

Quote from: vanhelsing on August 01, 2015, 12:15:56 PM
Since then i have tried many times to add the device back with no luck.
Perhaps if you were more explicit about what you do and what happens at every step, the probability of receiving useful advice would increase greatly.

vanhelsing

As I mentioned I have removed the device from the dashboard, after resetting the OBi by using a paper clip on the hole in the bottom the website asks if I want to add a device. I dial the required number and get the message that the information has been sent to the server, hang up and nothing ever happens.

The 120 seconds never starts to countdown and I get no other messages or information.

I can set up my Vestalink account by logging in and giving my OBi's i.p. address and I have my regular phone service but that will show as a softphone on th e OBiTalk dashboard.

SteveInWA

Just a couple of SWAGs:

One would think that a factory reset will leave this value in the correct state, but if you can log into the OBi via it's IP address, look at the System Management page, under Auto Provisioning, and ensure that ITSP Provisioning Method is set to "System Start".  IF you have followed any advice on a forum to disable ports or otherwise block access by OBiTALK to your device, it won't be able to see it to add it to the portal.

This is a long shot, since I haven't used a managed service provider, but if you previously gave control of your device to Vestalink as a managed service provider, you won't be able to configure it until they release it (delete it from their provisioning system).  This same behavior can be seen if the device was previously assigned to some other OBiTALK account, and that account still "owns" the device on it's portal dashboard:  it needs to be deleted from any other account before it can be added.

*note:  don't attempt to use Google Chrome Browser to locally configure your OBi at this time.  A recent software update to Chrome is preventing the OBi's embedded web server from displaying frames of settings.  Use Firefox, MSIE or Safari instead.

drgeoff

Quote from: vanhelsing on August 01, 2015, 04:49:29 PM.... and I have my regular phone service but that will show as a softphone on the OBiTalk dashboard.
Possibly not relevant to your failure to get your OBi100 back on the Dashboard but I don't understand your linkage of "regular phone service" and  "show as a softphone". The softphone number on the Dashboard is the Obitalk number you can allocate to a device running the Obion app. If you are not using that app you can ignore all mention of 'softphone' on the Dashboard.

vanhelsing

Thank You everyone for the suggestions, but I still can't add the OBi100 device. I looked at the ITSP provisioning method and it shows System Start as you recommended.

Totally lost on this one!

Anyway to add Goggle Voice to the OBi via it's web page?

azrobert

Quote from: vanhelsing on August 01, 2015, 04:49:29 PM
The 120 seconds never starts to countdown and I get no other messages or information.

This might indicate something is wrong with your OBiHai account. I don't know how a network or OBi ATA configuration would cause this. Create a new OBiHai account with a different email address and try adding your OBi to that account.

azrobert

Quote from: vanhelsing on August 02, 2015, 05:58:09 AM
Anyway to add Goggle Voice to the OBi via it's web page?

Your OBi100 must be at firmware level build 2824 or below, otherwise this won't work. There might be one more build above 2824 that will work, but I don't know the number.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile x -> General -> SignalingProtocol: Google Voice
Voice Service -> SPx Service -> AuthUserName: Your_GV_ID@gmail.com
Voice Service -> SPx Service -> AuthPassword: Your_GV_PW

drgeoff

I tried the 'Add a device' option just now and the 120 seconds did start counting down.    As I don't have another device to add, I then cancelled so cannot confirm the whole process would have completed OK.

SteveInWA

Quote from: azrobert on August 02, 2015, 06:51:00 AM
Quote from: vanhelsing on August 01, 2015, 04:49:29 PM

This might indicate something is wrong with your OBiHai account. I don't know how a network or OBi ATA configuration would cause this. Create a new OBiHai account with a different email address and try adding your OBi to that account.

I am pretty sure that the issue is that this particular OBi (as identified by its MAC address and OBi number) is already assigned to an account and is in some sort of limbo state.  As such, you probably can't create some other OBi account and add it.  I went through this scenario recently.

Furthermore, you shouldn't need to change the System Management settings to make it work.  I just tested this, by factory-resetting a OBi 200, then, before adding it to the portal, I logged into its local web server.  On the System Management page, "OBiTALK Provisioning" was disabled.  I then added the device from the portal using the **5 method.  It had no trouble contacting the portal, got added, and I then configured GV on it.  After adding it to the portal, OBiTALK changed "OBiTALK Provisioning" from "Disabled" to "Periodically", without any intervention by me.

What is the device's current firmware level?  To find out, pick up the telephone attached to the device.  Press ***0, then, when you hear the prompt, enter 1# and it will read back the firmware level.

vanhelsing

My version is1.3.0.2872. I've tried to update the firmware and I have been told that none are available.

I have tried to add Google Voice Manually thru the IP System Management with no success.
I really don't care if I see my device on the OBitalk portal just as long as I could get both my services working.

I had opened a support ticket with OBihai and they want to charge for a 12 month term of support, referred me to the forums for help.

drgeoff

There is no alternative to using the Obitalk portal to configure GoogleVoice.  It is no longer possible to do that using the device's inbuilt web server.

There are two useful links in the last post at  http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10217.msg67599#msg67599

WelshPaul

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 01, 2015, 06:15:34 PM*note:  don't attempt to use Google Chrome Browser to locally configure your OBi at this time.  A recent software update to Chrome is preventing the OBi's embedded web server from displaying frames of settings.  Use Firefox, MSIE or Safari instead.

Have you tried using a different browser such as Firefox as Steve suggested? If the OBi was still registered to an OBiTALK account you should get a message of some sort informing you of this and that it cannot be added at this time. This is what I got previously when attempting to register a device that was err... already registered.

I would clear your browsers cache, factory reset the device via the local GUI and again via the pin hole and attempt to register the device again.
For everything VoIP
www.ukvoipforums.com

vanhelsing

Using Forefox. Could try Internet Explorer. I'll try and let you know.

vanhelsing

Used Internet explorer and voila it worked. Thank You so much!!