News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No audio - 2 Obi's

Started by gdm783, August 07, 2015, 12:21:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gdm783

I have 2 Obi's, one at home and one at work.  Both are configured to the same Google Voice account.  Periodically (i.e. it does not happen all the time) there is no audio in either direction of an incoming call.  The fix is to disconnect one of the Obi's and then the other one works just fine.  I have had this issue ongoing for years and have never found a solution.  I have purchased multiple Obi boxes, hoping that newer models would fix this problem.  Any suggestions?

SteveInWA

Which model OBi are these?  If models 110 or 100, you can only have one device connected to a Google account at at time.  If models 200 or 202, then you can have multiple OBis using the same GV account.

Have you tried troubleshooting this by using a different service provider (not GV)?

gdm783

One is an Obi 200 and the other is an Obi 202.  I have not checked with another service provider, but unfortunately I do not have another one to try. 

SteveInWA

You haven't provided enough detail about your network setup, location, and anything else you can think of, to really dive into this -- it would just be total SWAG guesswork at this point.

I doubt it's a Google Voice bug, but you could try creating a different Google Voice account, obtain a different number, for testing purposes, provision it on your two devices, and make/receive calls for a while.  This would at least narrow the possibilities.