News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

External identification of Obi110 hardware version

Started by limey, August 05, 2015, 04:17:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

limey

Back in 2012, I purchased a couple of spare Obi110s to cover hardware failures/for family use - was there ever any way found to externally identify whether an Obi110 is hardware v2.8 (with the late lamented FXS/FXO relay)?

Yeah, I know I can power 'em up & look at the web interface/open them & look at the PCB, but I was curious if there was any case/label/box markings/differences that identified those earlier units.

SteveInWA

No.  You'd need the undisclosed serial number range that denoted the manufacturing transition.

In the time it took you to post that question, you could have plugged them in and viewed the version on the devices' local web pages.

limey

Quote from: SteveInWA on August 05, 2015, 04:59:55 PM
No.  You'd need the undisclosed serial number range that denoted the manufacturing transition.
Thanks, just wanted to check.

QuoteIn the time it took you to post that question, you could have plugged them in and viewed the version on the devices' local web pages.
Well, aside from the fact I'd already commented that I knew that much, I don't have them to hand - they're currently stored in a pile of boxes. When I originally got them, I remember looking to see if there was any obvious differences & not finding anything - was simply wondering if a way of identification had been noted by anyone.

Mango

One other way is to power up and listen for the click.

SteveInWA

Quote from: Mango on August 12, 2015, 04:23:59 PM
One other way is to power up and listen for the click.

And that would require digging them out of the box.   ::) :P ::)