News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi202 port forwarding options gone?

Started by exploding_kittens, August 09, 2015, 08:38:06 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

exploding_kittens

I was wanting to configure port forwarding on my OBi202, but the port forwarding options referenced in other posts and the old manuals I have seem to no longer be present. Were these removed in some firmware update? If not, where are the port forwarding options in the menus?

Thanks.

OzarkEdge

I thought port forwarding was done at the site router under special circumstances.  Can you point to those port forwarding examples you mention?

OE

restamp

You don't say what firmware load you are on EK, but the Port Forwarding page is present on the 4581 build.  It is accessible via the built-in web interface:  Router Configuration -> Port Forwarding.  And it appears to be a very nice implementation; even allows Port Number translations.  Of course, it's only usable when the 202 is configured as a router.  I run mine in Bridge mode.

OzarkEdge

Quote from: restamp on August 09, 2015, 01:18:54 PM
Of course, it's only usable when the 202 is configured as a router.  I run mine in Bridge mode.

Oh, of course, I completely forgot about Router Mode.

OE

exploding_kittens

All right, thanks for your replies; mystery solved. I was looking under Router Configuration in the OBiTalk portal, but only the WAN Setting And QoS Settings options appear there. I had to go to the web interface of the device directly. I did have router mode on already.