News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

advice/ guidance

Started by zekeallmon, August 14, 2015, 08:17:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

zekeallmon

Hello,

I currently have a google voice number with an Obi 110.  UP until now this setup has served me well.  But now I am getting to the point where I need a true auto attendant feature.  (Press 1 for .. press 2 for..) etc. 

But I have no clue how to do this, or if it is even possible with a Google Voice number.  I found some obi devices have an "auto attendant" but its not the same auto attendant that other phone systems use, as far as I can tell.

So, can I do this with a google voice number and Obi?  IF so, how might I go about it?

THanks so much!@

azrobert

It depends on your requirements. You can modify the Auto Attendant, but the basic function can't be changed. This is the default:
1 = Continue the call (ring the OBi phone port)
2 = Make a new call
3 = Call back

The OBi requires you to select one of the above options (1, 2 or 3).
Any of the prompts can be changed.
When the caller selects 1 you can route the call anywhere you want.

When 2 is selected you will get a 2nd prompt asking for a number.
You can change the 2nd prompt.
The caller must respond to this prompt.
You can route the call differently depending on the response.

Option 3 would be useless, so you would remove it from the initial prompt. You can't disable this option, so the caller can accidently select it. If it is selected, the caller will receive the same 2nd prompt as option 2. I'm not sure what would happen if the caller continued.

azrobert

I thought of a method that only requires the caller to respond once. You can't change the 2 responses, but you can delete the 2nd prompt. Now setup all options beginning with 2.

Change the 1st prompt to give the caller options like:
Dial 2100# for person 1
Dial 2200# for person 2

The 1st digit is the response to the 1st prompt and the next 3 digits plus # is the response to the 2nd prompt, but since the 2nd prompt was deleted the caller thinks there is only one prompt.