News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi100 won't ring for incoming call on RingTo

Started by DanHOBi, August 21, 2015, 03:08:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DanHOBi

Hi,

I've just ported my number from voip.ms to Ring.To. I did a factory reset on my obi100 then I provisioned my obi100 with Ring.To and its status is "Registered". I can make outgoing calls but incoming calls won't ring my phone.

I noticed that my obi100 status shows:
Status   
Registered (server=52.0.172.61:9060; expire in 1344s)
However, obitalk.com shows:
ProxyServerPort   5060

I wonder why they show different port numbers. Why they are inconsistent? which one am I supposed to use?

Thanks

drgeoff

They are different because you have a router between your OBi and the internet.  The router does NAT (network address translation) and the change of IP address and port number is a consequence of that.  Perfectly normal and nothing to worry about.

In the few cases where you need to "use" one of them it is almost always the 5060 (or near that value) one.  Where do you feel you have been required to use one of them?

There can be some delay before a ported number works for incoming calls.  I don't have any experience with that so cannot advise you about typical and maximum times.