News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi202 not connecting

Started by artgriff, August 17, 2015, 06:08:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

artgriff

Thank you for your help.

On Sunday Morning 8/16 I noticed that all the lights on my cable modem were off. I tried unplugging and plugging back in. All to no avail. Finally Sunday evening I was able to call Charter my ISP and they said that the modem was not working and needed to be replaced. It was replaces Monday 8/17 evening. After a little work and all I was able to get the computer back on line but not the Obi202.

On the Obi202, the power light is flashing. I tried unplugging it and plugging it back in to no avail. I also notice on the back of my cable modem that it has little lights showing when something is plugged into the LAN, My computer plug light is green, the Obi20 light is orange. I tried plugging the obi202 into other Lan ports; the Obi202 stays orange no matter where plugged in.
I then came to the OBITALK portal and I notice that the ANVEO is offline. I have received no notice of renewal or anything like that so I don't know what to do to get it back online.

Any suggestions as to what I should do to be everything back up and running, and ANVEO back online? Is it possible that when the cable modem went bad that it damaged the OBI202?

Thanks for all your help.

SteveInWA

You haven't done enough basic troubleshooting to know with any certainty what happened.  It's possible that the OBi was damaged by whatever took out the cable modem/router, but ...

Start here:  http://www.obihai.com/support/troubleshooting/start

Regarding the color of the LEDs on the Ethernet ports:  the color is telling you at which speed the device is connecting to the router.  Green is 1Gbps, and Orange is 100Mbps.  Since the OBi operates at 100Mbps, orange is what you'd expect to see.

artgriff

Thank you for the link and reply. I will check out the link and see if that helps.
I kind of thought that might be what the colors were, but the old modem had green(100m) and blue(1G), but I am glad I asked any.

I will follow the steps on the link and then let you know how things are.

Thanks again.

SteveInWA

Great.  After you go through the basic troubleshooting, if you come up empty, I would recommend deleting your OBi device off of the portal account, which will remotely reset it, wait a while, then add it back again and go through the setup procedure for Anveo.  This should only take a few minutes.

artgriff

Hello SteveINWA,
Thank you for your help. I guess all that was needed was for me to give it enough time to completely boot up.
When I woke up this morning all lights were on, the power light was steady and my sample call worked.
Everything is back to normal.
Thanks again for ALL your help.
Art