News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How to configure four lines on the Obi202

Started by malcolm@malcolm.cc, August 17, 2015, 07:30:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

malcolm@malcolm.cc

I have an Obi202 and have used it successfully with two Google Voice accounts. one would ring normal and the other would ring two short rings, so I could answer the phone appropriately.

I have now configured it with three google voice accounts and a VestaLink account. Two are on line 1 and two are on line 2.

The ring pattern is the reverse of what I want it. I want GV account A to ring with a single ring, and GV account B to ring with a double ring. Currently they are the opposite of that.

How can I change which line is single-ring and which is double-ring?

P.S. Also, I am interested in finding a full user manual for the Obi202. But on the web site I have only been able to find the quick start guide. If someone could point me to the full manual that would be great.

azrobert

Each SP trunk can have a different ring pattern. The ring pattern is determined by a Ring Profile and a Ring Pattern Number. These can be found here:

Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_RingProfile
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_DefaultRing

The Ring Profiles are found here:
Ring Settings -> Ring Profile A/B

Ring Pattern 1 is a single ring.
Ring Pattern 3 is a double ring.

This is the default Ring Pattern 3:
60;(.8+.4,.8+4)

60 = 60 seconds
.8 = ring for .8 seconds
+.4 = silence for .4 seconds
.8 = ring for .8 seconds
+4 = silence for 4 seconds
Repeat for a total of 60 seconds

These ring patterns can be modified.

Use OBi Expert to change these parms.

Here is the Admin Guide:
http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBiDeviceAdminGuide.pdf

malcolm@malcolm.cc

Thank you for the detailed reply! I have a few follow up questions.

Question 1. Am I correct in understanding that the only way to control which line rings once and which rings twice is by entering obiexpert mode?

Question 2. Is the number of rings controlled by the order that the lines were added to the obi202 control panel? For instance, is the line added first assigned one ring, and the line added second assigned two?  If so... does that mean that if I were to remove the first line from the obi202 and then add it back, it would switch from one ring to two?

Question 3. If I switch to obiExpert mode in order to manually change the ring pattern, and then switch back to regular mode, would the changes I made while in expert mode remain, or would they disappear?

azrobert

1. The only way I know to change the ring patterns is with OBi Expert or using the local interface.

2. I don't know the answer to your question. Maybe someone else can answer it. I only use the local interface to update my OBi's and wasn't aware that the ring patterns were automatically set.

3. No, you won't lose any changes. OBi Expert is just part of OBiTalk. You are confusing using OBiTalk vs the local interface to make configuration changes. Auto provisioning must be disabled when you use the local interface, otherwise your changes will be overwritten by OBiTalk.

drgeoff

Quote from: malcolm@malcolm.cc on August 17, 2015, 11:59:31 AM
Question 2. Is the number of rings controlled by the order that the lines were added to the obi202 control panel? For instance, is the line added first assigned one ring, and the line added second assigned two?  If so... does that mean that if I were to remove the first line from the obi202 and then add it back, it would switch from one ring to two?
No,  the number of rings is determined by the specific pattern assigned to the "line" . It is up to you to choose what pattern to assign to each "line".