News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

No inbound audio from Callcentric

Started by KillerBeagle, October 02, 2015, 08:25:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KillerBeagle

For about a week now I have not been able to use the Obi202 for calls with Callcentric.  Whether incoming or outgoing calls, the inbound audio is muted.  This was happening before a recent firmware update, and the update did not change things.

I have deleted the configurations and added GV on SP1 and Callcentric on SP2 using the wizard.  In the failing config, I only had CC on SP1.  GV works fine in both directions, Callcentric still doesn't work for inbound audio.

Have there been changes to the Obi202 or Callcentric that might cause this?

SteveInWA

My 3 Callcentric numbers work fine on all my OBi devices.  There have been no changes that that would be responsible for this.

More likely, your OBi is connected to a router that has the SIP ALG feature enabled.  This feature is useless, and causes one-way audio with SIP hardware devices.  It needs to be disabled.  Google Chat uses XMPP, not SIP, so it's not impacted by this issue.

http://www.obihai.com/faq/sip-alg

If you can't find the setting on your router, describe the brand and model and perhaps we can help.

KillerBeagle

Thanks for the pointer, Steve.  I have an Arris DG1660A router (new in recent weeks, so probably the cause of the issue).  However, disabling SIP ALG did not change the behavior.  I'll have to try the setting in Obitalk expert configuration and see if that helps.

Edit: disabling X_DiscoverPublicAddress did appear to fix the issue.  The only oddity now is that when I call the Callcentric test number 17771234567 I get a State Farm voice menu.  I don't remember it doing that before, but it's been years since I used it.

If there are additional settings on the Arris that might help, I'd prefer to fix the issue that way, so if you have further recommendations I'd appreciate it.

Marc

That callcentric number gives me "Free 411" and then an advertisement.  Maybe it was an ad you were hearing from state farm?

I have a dozen lines hooked up through callcentric and have no problem.  I'd suggest removing them through obitalk and adding them back in.
OBi110 (stored in closet now,) OBi200 x 3, Polycom 200 x 1, OBi202 x 4, Polycom 202 x 2, OBi1032 x 3, OBi1062 x 5, OBi2182 x 3

Combination of GV (consumer,) CallCentric & voip.ms both direct and via Asterisk.

SteveInWA

Quote from: KillerBeagle on October 03, 2015, 10:06:26 AM
Thanks for the pointer, Steve.  I have an Arris DG1660A router (new in recent weeks, so probably the cause of the issue).  However, disabling SIP ALG did not change the behavior.  I'll have to try the setting in Obitalk expert configuration and see if that helps.

Edit: disabling X_DiscoverPublicAddress did appear to fix the issue.  The only oddity now is that when I call the Callcentric test number 17771234567 I get a State Farm voice menu.  I don't remember it doing that before, but it's been years since I used it.

If there are additional settings on the Arris that might help, I'd prefer to fix the issue that way, so if you have further recommendations I'd appreciate it.

I'd say that you found the problem (which was introduced by your new router) and you fixed it by changing the settings, per the FAQ.  It's not uncommon, and the setting change you made in the OBi doesn't cause any side effects at all, so don't worry about it.

As Marc said, the advertisement you heard was typical -- that number goes to "Free 411", which, of course, isn't "free", it's ad-supported.  I just tried it and heard an ad for FiOS TV.