News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Multi channel incoming? Only one call per SP?

Started by volkswagner, August 21, 2015, 05:34:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

volkswagner

I recently purchased an OBi508vs.

I had hopes to use a single sip account capable of 5 voice channels to
distribute calls to phone ports 1-5 based on port in use or not.

It seems the device is not capable of handling multiple calls via one Voice Service Provider.

The scenario:
I setup sip account on sp1, set MaxSessions to 5, then I dial the sip number from
my cell phone, ph port 1 rings and I answer. I try calling sip number again from another
phone, the OBi508 reports back to provider that all circuits are busy. This is true using
both Anveo.com and Vitelity sip trunks.

Is my problem related to X_InboundCallRoute setting/syntax? I don't see any syntax in the manual
to have a scenario like "ring ph, if ph is busy ring ph2, if ph & ph2 are busy ring ph3".
If I have X_InboundCallRoute=ph,ph2,ph3 then all three ports ring.
If I have X_InboundCallRoute={ph},{ph2},{ph3} only port 1 will ring, but still reports back to sip
provider all circuits are busy.

What's the point of having "MaxSessions" setting if the sp1 service can only handle one inbound call?
Is this for outbound only, or internal routing only?
Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can accomplish a workaround with multiple sub accounts. Unfortunately Anveo.com charges monthly fees
for sub accounts. Additionally, each sub account gets charged a monthly 911 fee as well (yes even if it's using same DID and location!). With this workaround the routing is done at the provider, not at the ATA.

Do Obi devices only support one inbound call per sp?

This 508 will be feeding a digital phone system which requires analog lines. If it makes a difference call waiting is disabled on all phone ports (I don't think the NEC phone system can handle call waiting).

azrobert

The OBi508 is doing exactly what you configured it to do. It will return a busy with call waiting disabled unless you do the following:
Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: ph2
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: ph2

Using this technique you can only receive 2 calls. Here is a more complicated setup, but see my disclaimer.

Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B  SIP -> ProxyServer: 127.0.0.1
Service Providers -> ITSP Profile B  SIP -> X_SpoofCallerID: Checked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> AuthUserName: anything
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_RegisterEnable: unchecked
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_ServProvProfile: B
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: ph2

Setup SP3, SP4 and SP5 the same, changing the last 2 parms.

Voice Services -> SP1 Service ->
CallForwardOnBusyEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnBusyNumber: sp2(fwd@127.0.0.1:5061)}
CallForwardOnNoAnswerEnable: Checked
CallForwardOnNoAnswerNumber: sp2(fwd@127.0.0.1:5061)}

Setup SP2 thru SP4 the same, but using sp3/5062, sp4/5063 and sp5/5064

Disclaimer:
This looping technique works on an OBI2xx, but not on an OBi100. I don't own an OBi508, but assume this will work.
I did not test the above scenario. I tested this looping technique for different purpose and the code was placed in the X_InboundCallRoute, not in the forwarding settings. The above should work.

Edit:
Increase MaxSess on all above trunks.

Edit2:
The call forwarding parms were changed.

LTN1

Quote from: volkswagner on August 21, 2015, 05:34:59 AM
I recently purchased an OBi508vs.

I had hopes to use a single sip account capable of 5 voice channels to
distribute calls to phone ports 1-5 based on port in use or not.

It seems the device is not capable of handling multiple calls via one Voice Service Provider.

The scenario:
I setup sip account on sp1, set MaxSessions to 5, then I dial the sip number from
my cell phone, ph port 1 rings and I answer. I try calling sip number again from another
phone, the OBi508 reports back to provider that all circuits are busy. This is true using
both Anveo.com and Vitelity sip trunks.

Is my problem related to X_InboundCallRoute setting/syntax? I don't see any syntax in the manual
to have a scenario like "ring ph, if ph is busy ring ph2, if ph & ph2 are busy ring ph3".
If I have X_InboundCallRoute=ph,ph2,ph3 then all three ports ring.
If I have X_InboundCallRoute={ph},{ph2},{ph3} only port 1 will ring, but still reports back to sip
provider all circuits are busy.

What's the point of having "MaxSessions" setting if the sp1 service can only handle one inbound call?
Is this for outbound only, or internal routing only?
Am I missing something?

Any help is greatly appreciated.

I can accomplish a workaround with multiple sub accounts. Unfortunately Anveo.com charges monthly fees
for sub accounts. Additionally, each sub account gets charged a monthly 911 fee as well (yes even if it's using same DID and location!). With this workaround the routing is done at the provider, not at the ATA.

Do Obi devices only support one inbound call per sp?

This 508 will be feeding a digital phone system which requires analog lines. If it makes a difference call waiting is disabled on all phone ports (I don't think the NEC phone system can handle call waiting).

Seems like what you need is a system with VoIP SIP trunks. The 508 doesn't have that--hence the "0" in the middle. OBi once advertised a 544 (the "4" in the middle is the SIP trunks) but I don't see that any more--even though they still have it in their instructions here: http://www.obihai.com/partner/obi5

If you can afford it, I would consider systems like the FortiVoice--or the older model called Talkswitch with SIP trunks (some models don't have SIP trunks). Once you have that and the VoIP provider provides you with enough channels, it should accomplish your goal.

volkswagner

Thank you Azrobert and LTN1,

I heard back from Obihai support. They recommended using hunt group.

Oddly I did not have hunt groups listed on my web config page for the device. It seems one of two things got
hunt groups to show up on the menu.

• Adding the 508vs to my obitalk.com portal enabled it
  • Possibly it was added via firmware update

Either way it seems I needed to refresh my browser for the item to show up.

Here is the solution I used.

I disabled call waiting on ph-ph8 ports, then used this for hunt group.

gp(1)={ph;du=5+ph2;du=5+ph3;du=5};np=1;alg=SEQ

I then used the following for sp1 > X_InboundCallRoute:
gp(1)
This works great.
When ph and ph1 are busy, third call instantly rings ph3, so the obi doesn't try to ring the busy port!

The Obi508vs manual needs to be updated as it doesn't contain Hunt Groups at all.

LTN1

Quote from: volkswagner on August 21, 2015, 05:43:22 PM
Thank you Azrobert and LTN1,

I heard back from Obihai support. They recommended using hunt group.

Oddly I did not have hunt groups listed on my web config page for the device. It seems one of two things got
hunt groups to show up on the menu.

• Adding the 508vs to my obitalk.com portal enabled it
  • Possibly it was added via firmware update

Either way it seems I needed to refresh my browser for the item to show up.

Here is the solution I used.

I disabled call waiting on ph-ph8 ports, then used this for hunt group.

gp(1)={ph;du=5+ph2;du=5+ph3;du=5};np=1;alg=SEQ

I then used the following for sp1 > X_InboundCallRoute:
gp(1)
This works great.
When ph and ph1 are busy, third call instantly rings ph3, so the obi doesn't try to ring the busy port!

The Obi508vs manual needs to be updated as it doesn't contain Hunt Groups at all.

It's great that you found a solution. Thanks for updating.