News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

how to record/ configure auto-attendant

Started by zekeallmon, August 21, 2015, 01:01:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zekeallmon

Hello,

I was really confused but I think im starting to get it.. kindof.  I want to have auto attendant setup to have a menu, press 1 for this, two for that.   3 for blah, 4 for poop ETC.  when I logged on to my obi202, I found the auto-attendant link.

that brings me to 3 fields: User Prompts, Auto Attendant 1, and Auto Attendant 1 prompts.

What are the User prompts?  I found that I can access them from the phone by going ***0, 1001# = user1 prompts. Just dont know what a "user is".  I noticed each prompt is can only be a max of 60s, but the total for all User prompts cant be more than 122s..

How do I get to the Auto Attendant prompts though?  I think that is where i need to be, but I cant find the key sequence to get there/ record. 

Also, is there a way, after I setup (press 1 for emergencies), to have that following prompt say: Press 1 to be forwarded to my emergency line, or Press 2 to leave a voicemail.  Where pressing 1 would forward them to my sp2 GV, and pressing 1 would just put them to my normal voicemail?

azrobert

You can't change the basic function of the Auto Attendant and you're limited on how much it can be modified. I'll describe its function and how much it can be modified. If you want to continue, I'll show you how.

The AA will give you three options (1, 2 or 3). This can't be changed. 1=continue call, 2=make a new call and 3=callback. If you enter 1, the caller will be routed to the phone port. 2 or 3, the caller will be asked to enter a number followed by a "#". 2 the AA will attempt to connect the caller to the number provided. 3 the AA will hang-up and attempt a callback to the number provided. Any other digit is invalid and the main prompt will be repeated.

All audio prompts can be changed.

When 1 is entered you can send the call to a pre-determined destination. Your custom prompt doesn't have to give the "1" option, but if the caller accidently enters 1 the AA will accept it.  If this happens you can block the call or whatever you want.

When 2 is entered the AA will expect the caller to enter another number followed by a pound sign. You can eliminate the second audio prompt and tell the caller in the 1st prompt to enter "21#". Now the caller only responds once, but is providing data for both prompts. You can now take action on the 2nd digit.

Option 3 is useless because the AA will hang-up.

zekeallmon

wow, thanks so much for the detail of the 3 options :) 

I'm thinking that I could configure the 2nd option about right.  But I'm thinking I would have to have more than 2 google voice numbers, if for example i would want them to dial 21# for emergency tech calls 31# for non emergency calls 41# for midget love..  etc..  am I right there?

It would be awesome if you could help me set it up, if not I found that voip.ms might be a good option too... idk.  lol. 

azrobert

The options must start with 2, so they would be 21#, 22#, 23#........

There is another potential problem. The digit(s) after the beginning 2 will be input to the AA 2nd prompt. 1 and 2 digits will be considered speed dials. If your options are 21#, 22# and 23#, speed dials 1, 2 and 3 must be blank or defined to route these options.

This is how to record a custom prompt.
Dial the following:
1001#                   This will save the recording to %User1%.
                            1002# will use %User2%
1                           This is for a new value for the recording
1                           Any digit will start the recording
Say your custom message
#                          Will end the recording. Leave a couple of seconds
                            of silence at beginning and end.
1                           Confirm the recording and save

I think you only need 1 custom prompt.

The AA prompts are found here:
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> AA 1 Prompts

Make these changes
Welcome: &pause()
MenuTitle: &pause()
Menu: %User1%.
PleaseWait: &pause()
EnterNumber: &pause()

&pause() will delete the prompt.
The Main Prompt is a combination of the 1st three above prompts.
Use OBi Expert to make the above changes.

We will have to discuss what to do with the different options.

This is a general OBi Expert guide:
From the OBiTalk dashboard click Edit Profile on the left column.
At the bottom of the page check "Enable OBi Expert..."
Click Submit Query.
Now you can go directly to OBi Expert from the dashboard.
If you don't enable the OBi Expert button, you need 4 clicks to get to OBi Expert.
Click on the gear ICON, select OBi Expert, confirm and select OBi Expert again.  

Click OBi Dashboard.
On the right of your OBixxx is an icon with a red E.
Click on it to enter OBi Expert.

To navigate click on the titles with the +
Then click on a sub-title
An example click on Service Providers
Then click ITSP Profile A General
There are 2 boxes to the right of each parameter
To change a value uncheck the box under OBiTalk Setting
Then uncheck the box under Device Default
Now change the value
After you have made all the necessary changes for that page, click Submit at the bottom of the page.
OBiTalk will download the configuration changes to the OBi and reboot it.
Wait until this process is complete before continuing to the next page.

azrobert

Assuming your options are 21#, 22#, 23# and 24#
The 1st digit (2) is the response to Make a New Call
The AA must process the 2nd digit
The DigitMap will validate the 2nd digit
We will use speed dials to route the call, so there won't be any processing in the outbound call route

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMap: (1|2|3|4)
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute: {}
Speed Dial#1: sp1(8005551111)
Speed Dial#2: sp1(8005552222)
Speed Dial#3: sp1(8005553333)
Speed Dial#4: ph()

Options 21-3 will route the caller to different numbers using SP1
Option 24 will route the caller to the OBi phone port

RizSher

Azrobert,

Some great tips in this post, have gotten me to a point where I'm almost ready to give up FreePBX.

I just recently switched from PiaF with an ObiHai110 as FXO-FXS interface... to an Obi202 - following your advice here (https://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10887) tried using the Obi110 to bridge POTs to VoIP, didn't spend too long , was able to get VoIP to forward PSTN in 2 stages, but not more - in the meantime, another family member needed an ATA,so I gave him the 110 and ordered the ObiLine USB adaptor.

My ultimate aim are:

Aim 1: Callers to my VoIP trunks (1 x GoogleVoce, and 1 x VoipTalk UK DID) would ring the PH1 and PH2 phones for a number of times, after which, AA would kick in, play a message along the lines of "We're not home, Press 21# for XX, 22# for YY". Your guide here would work perfectly for that. I understand, once the AA kicks in, recording or no, callers would be able to dial any number after pressing Option 2. Is there any way of restricting calls to any number besides those presented in the AA recording (21#/22# etc) except, accommodating Aim 2 below

Aim 2 is: Add mine and the wife's cell phone number to the Circle of Trust, such that, any other number calling my POTS number would just ring PH1 and PH2, however, our cellphones would get directed to the AA, allowing us to make VoIP calls while awya from home, except, I'm hoping to disable dialling in Aim1 - any idea to achieve both?. Moons away, when I used to use a SPA3000 for POTS to VoIP briding, I had setup a dialplan such that to gain international access (011XXXX), you had to dial  9534011XXXX - the 9534 was a number known just to me,  anyone  dialling any other number would get a invalid number msg.

Thanks for your help.

Riz

QuantiumTech

Quote from: azrobert on August 22, 2015, 08:11:49 AM
Assuming your options are 21#, 22#, 23# and 24#
The 1st digit (2) is the response to Make a New Call
The AA must process the 2nd digit
The DigitMap will validate the 2nd digit
We will use speed dials to route the call, so there won't be any processing in the outbound call route

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> DigitMap: (1|2|3|4)
Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> OutboundCallRoute: {}
Speed Dial#1: sp1(8005551111)
Speed Dial#2: sp1(8005552222)
Speed Dial#3: sp1(8005553333)
Speed Dial#4: ph()

Options 21-3 will route the caller to different numbers using SP1
Option 24 will route the caller to the OBi phone port

Is there any way to configure things so that one of those speed dials will simply send someone to voice mail? I suppose I could setup yet another Google Voice number that is permanently on Do Not Disturb, but is there a better solution?