News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBI is asking for 1 to Continue

Started by mamin, June 14, 2011, 09:02:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mamin

Hi,
I just got my new OBI device and setup and it is working correctly for most part but when I call from unknown outside line, it is asking to press 1 to continue. I am not sure why ?. I do not what to have this option since anyone can call and I do not want all callers to go through this pain of pressing 1.

Can someone please tell me what could be wrong ?

Thanks in Advance

QBZappy

mamin,

Welcome,
I assume you are calling with GV. I think you need to go here on your OBi web page, and put a check mark in the box where you setup the GV acct.

Voice Services>SP1/2 Service>X_SkipCallScreening = check mark in the box on the left.

The OBi will dial the "1" automatically for calls.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

mamin,

If only callers with blocked or no CallerID are hearing:

Welcome to OBi attendant, main menu, press 1 to continue this call, press 2 to make a new call, ...

that trunk's InboundCallRoute is configured with a ':aa' rule of some sort.

If this is your problem and you need help figuring it out, please post the entire InboundCallRoute value.

mamin

Quote from: QBZappy on June 14, 2011, 09:20:45 AM
mamin,

Welcome,
I assume you are calling with GV. I think you need to go here on your OBi web page, and put a check mark in the box where you setup the GV acct.

Voice Services>SP1/2 Service>X_SkipCallScreening = check mark in the box on the left.

The OBi will dial the "1" automatically for calls.

Yes, I am using GV and X_SkipCallScreening is checked on by default still I am being asked to press 1.

OBiSupport

Please ensure you are using the current firmware on your OBi.
To do this, dial ***6 from the phone attached to your device.
If it is current and you continue to experience this issue, our support team can help you.
Thanks!

support@obihai.com

QBZappy

OBiSupport,

Good point to remember. Any one who says they just received their OBi is probably not running the latest firmware.
Owner of the 1st OBi110/100 units in service in Canada & South America. 1st OBi202 on my street. 1st OBi1032 in Montreal.

RonR

According to the original post, it's the CALLER who is getting the prompt to press 1, not the person answering the call on the OBi.  If that is truly the symptom, it's not an X_SkipCallScreening/DTMF issue.

RonR

Quote from: OBiSupport on June 14, 2011, 11:11:32 AM

Keep in mind that the original firmware shipped on the OBi doesn't support ***6.

mamin

Quote from: OBiSupport on June 14, 2011, 11:11:32 AM

If it is current and you continue to experience this issue, our support team can help you.
Thanks!

support@obihai.com

Yes, I did update latest firmware using your http://www.obitalk.com/obinet/pg/obhdev/devices portal and still having the issue. I will send email to support as well.

mamin

I was able to resolve this issue but unchecking option All Incoming Calls to Attendant from portal.

QBZappy

mamin,

It was an issue with calls going to aa, as RonR had suggested afterall.

Quote from: RonR on June 14, 2011, 09:59:45 AM
mamin,

If only callers with blocked or no CallerID are hearing:

Welcome to OBi attendant, main menu, press 1 to continue this call, press 2 to make a new call, ...

that trunk's InboundCallRoute is configured with a ':aa' rule of some sort.

If this is your problem and you need help figuring it out, please post the entire InboundCallRoute value.

RonR

Quote from: mamin on June 14, 2011, 12:44:02 PM
I was able to resolve this issue but unchecking option All Incoming Calls to Attendant from portal.

That creates the ':aa' rule in the InboundCallRoute I mentioned several posts backs.