News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Connect Zoom H4n Voice Recorder to the OBi1062 for better mic quality?

Started by mkendrick, August 27, 2015, 02:29:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mkendrick

Is it possible to connect a Zoom H4n Voice Recorder to the OBi1062 via the USB jack so that I can use two lapel mics as the microphones for the call?

Recently my brother and I have been participating in radio interviews over the phone, and I'm looking for a way to get better voice quality from my side so that the interview sounds better.

I've used the Zoom H4n Voice Recorder connected to my laptop with Skype and noticed an improvement over the PC mic, so hopefully I can do the same with the OBi.

SteveInWA

No.  The USB jacks only support WiFi, Bluetooth and USB flash drives.

You can use a good-quality audio headset plugged into the 3.5mm headset jack, or, if you're using a professional-class telephone headset, plugged into the dedicated RJ-9 jack.

drgeoff

Rather than your 1062's microphone, it is more likely that the transmission path - VoIP codecs and any 'conventional telephony' links in the chain - between your 1062 and the radio station studio is the most significant factor determining the quality