News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

obi200 disconecting wifi

Started by ganaa, September 02, 2015, 03:52:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ganaa

Hi,
I have obi200 adapter with freelinehome connected to Shaw Cisco internet modem which has integrated wifi router. From today my home phone and wifi does not work at same time: when i pickup my phone the wifi signal is disappearing and come back when hang up. i have tried port forwarding,  but no success.
Thanks

OzarkEdge

I don't see why using your phone/OBi would interrupt your router WiFi signal.  Are you using a cordless/radio phone with your OBi that might be interfering with your router WiFi signal?

OE

ganaa

Thank you , OzakeEdge,
You are right, i used Vtech cordless phone. I have changed and now no disconnection anymore. But why it is not happened before?
Now  i can not make outgoing call but incoming is ok. After dialing it says ''That password is not valid"? I use freephoneline.
:)

OzarkEdge

>>You are right, i used Vtech cordless phone. I have changed and now no disconnection anymore. But why it is not happened before?

Short answer could be no radio interference before.  Maybe the router is using a conflicting channel now.  Maybe new batteries in the phone boosted the signal.  Maybe new neighboring interference is compounding the problem, causing the router transmission to flail.  You might want to consider changing out the phone to remove the radio conflict... DECT 6.0 perhaps.

>>Now  i can not make outgoing call but incoming is ok. After dialing it says ''That password is not valid"? I use freephoneline.

This is another topic that requires more information.  I'm not familiar with freephoneline.

OE