News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Obi 100 no longer working

Started by Paycheck, September 03, 2015, 03:25:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paycheck

Hi there,

I can no longer seem to be able to do any of the following:

1) Make Calls
2) Receive Calls
3) Retrieve Voicemail

Incoming mails get automatically sent to voice mail without ringing through. I do see the voicemail in my email account which I have rerouted using the provider.  I do get a dial tone when I pick up the phone.

Can anyone help?

SteveInWA

Hi:  you haven't provided enough information, or performed sufficient troubleshooting, to give us anything to work with.

Which Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP) are you using?

Which LEDs are doing what on your OBi?

Log onto your OBiTALK portal page, and look at the status of your device.

Follow the troubleshooting procedures outlined here:  http://www.obihai.com/faq/Troubleshooting-sec

Paycheck

I rebooted the OBI, Modem, and Router --- no results. I also deleted obi from the panel and added it again. Again, no results.

>> Which Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP) are you using?

Voip.ms

>> Which LEDs are doing what on your OBi?

power light is solid
middle light is quick flickering
phone light is constant flickering

>> Log onto your OBiTALK portal page, and look at the status of your device.

Status has a grey button

VOIP.ms portal show "no registration found"

SteveInWA

Quote from: Paycheck on September 03, 2015, 06:15:44 PM
I rebooted the OBI, Modem, and Router --- no results. I also deleted obi from the panel and added it again. Again, no results.

>> Which Internet Telephone Service Provider (ITSP) are you using?

Voip.ms

>> Which LEDs are doing what on your OBi?

power light is solid
middle light is quick flickering
phone light is constant flickering

>> Log onto your OBiTALK portal page, and look at the status of your device.

Status has a grey button

VOIP.ms portal show "no registration found"

If the portal shows a grey, vs. green indicator next to your device, then it's not communicating with the OBiTALK network.  Have you made any changes to the device or to your firewall to block access to OBiTALK?

You can try deleting your device off of the portal, then using a paper clip to perform a factory reset (press and hold the clip into the small round bump with a hole in it, for about 10 seconds.  Then, add it back one more time.  You should at least hear a dial tone, even before configuring voip.ms.

Also, the phone LED should either be on solid when voip.ms is successfully registered, or off when it's not, or blinking slowly when the phone is off the hook, not "flickering"

Paycheck

>>If the portal shows a grey, vs. green indicator next to your device, then it's not communicating with the OBiTALK network.  Have you made any changes to the device or to your firewall to block access to OBiTALK?

No changes.

>> You can try deleting your device off of the portal, then using a paper clip to perform a factory reset (press and hold the clip into the small round bump with a hole in it, for about 10 seconds.  Then, add it back one more time.  You should at least hear a dial tone, even before configuring voip.ms.

+ Already did that.

>> Also, the phone LED should either be on solid when voip.ms is successfully registered, or off when it's not, or blinking slowly when the phone is off the hook, not "flickering"

+ Could Obi be defective?

SteveInWA

Did you read through the various troubleshooting steps in the link I provided?  If not, do so and try to determine what's wrong.  Yes, your device could be defective, or it could be something as simple as you entering the wrong account and password info for voip.ms

Pick up the attached telephone handset and dial ***1.  Listen to the voice speak the device's IP address.  Enter that address into a web browser and go to the device's built-in web page.

Look at the firmware level.  What is it?

Look at the status for SP1 or SP2, depending on which one you used for voip.ms.  What does it say?  Look at the status for the OBiTALK service.  What does it say?

If you prefer, you can attach a screenshot to your reply.

Paycheck

Not sure what happened. But now I have a green light.

Paycheck

See above post. I attached a word doc with screen shot. Two pages

Paycheck

OK. Now it seems to be able to call numbers, but when I try to call it, it goes to voice mail

Paycheck