News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Vestalink support unreachable

Started by DrewMan, September 14, 2015, 02:32:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DrewMan

I have VL for my primary calling.  I have been trying to reach support on an issue for several weeks.  Sent emails to support and to Ryan.  All known email addresses for Ryan bounce back.  The Chat feature has been in "leave a message" mode for about 10 days now.  The support phone numbers I had for VL are no longer in service.

My phone still works.. but getting concerned that the company has folded.  Anyone else have any recent contact with them?

Thanks.

Taoman

Quote from: DrewMan on September 14, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
My phone still works.. but getting concerned that the company has folded.  Anyone else have any recent contact with them?

Ryan was on BBR yesterday.

DrewMan

DrewMan

Broadband Reports... I remember... sorry.

BigJim_McD

Quote from: DrewMan on September 14, 2015, 02:32:28 PM
I have VL for my primary calling.  I have been trying to reach support on an issue for several weeks.  Sent emails to support and to Ryan.  All known email addresses for Ryan bounce back.  The Chat feature has been in "leave a message" mode for about 10 days now.  The support phone numbers I had for VL are no longer in service.

Thanks.

DrewMan,  I share your concerns about Vestalink service.

I Ported a DID # away from Vestalink to voip.ms in August. 
I forward our Home Google Voice phone # to the DID # that was ported to voip.ms.

After the Port was complete, I requested Vestalink to delete my account that
still displays the DID# that was ported out.

Aug 27th., I received an offer from Vestalink to extend my service at the original price
when the current service is up for renewal in Jan 2016.

App Only & Bring your own device unlimited plus - 24 months ($59.99)

Aug 27th., I responded to the offer but I did not receive a reply.

For now, existing service still works on Vestalink for Outgoing Calls.
I can Not access my Billing Account.
I can NOT reset my Billing Account password.
I can NOT created a new Billing Account.

From my recent experience, I expect that the service will cease to work sooner than later.

For now, I keep the service configured on a spare OBi200
    --BUT--
I don't use Vestalink for any day to day calls as I no longer trust the service.

PS.  Using Google Voice with voip.ms is working great for us. 
I enjoy testing and playing with all the many voip.ms features.
BigJimMcD

DrewMan

Still no response from VL.  Not sure why the silence for a paid service.  Guess I will use the service until it no longer works, or I decide to move elsewhere.  Not a very good impression to set.

Thanks.

dudly

Sister in law emailed Vestalink yesterday and got an immediate answer about porting her number.