News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Factory Reset does not do what is expected. Can't log into unit.

Started by Debbie, September 13, 2015, 09:42:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Debbie

I bought an Obi100 used online and after performing a factory reset and it showing the proper sequence of flashing status lights, it will not let me log in with admin/admin as the credentials. I have not been able to get into the thing since I bought it. The IVR works fine and I can set and clear that password but even a Factory Reset through the IVR didn't change the web password to admin.

Is it possible my unit is so old that its factory settings had the default admin password as something other than "admin"?

azrobert

You can try a different factory reset method.
Disconnect the OBi100 from the internet.
There is a reset button access hole on the bottom of the OBi100.
It's a little larger than the vent holes.
Press and hold the reset button with a paper clip until the OBi100 starts to reboot.

Debbie

Already tried that, that was the first thing I did when the unit came in by mail. Thinking its a faulty unit, anyway to reflash without logging in?

drgeoff

Disable your connection to the internet. (Unplug router from cable modem, or from phone line or whatever method is applicable.) Have a working connection between computer and router and OBi110 and router. Reset the OBi with the hardware button. Can you now get in with admin/admin?

drgeoff

SteveInWA

My hunch is that you were sold a paperweight.

Act fast, and you can buy a more capable, brand new OBi 200 at a great sale price, through tomorrow, at newegg.com

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=10388.0

Edit:  Shoot!  It's sold out at that sale price.  By the way, beware: don't buy it from the third-party sellers; buy it only from authorized dealers:  Amazon.com ($43.97), Newegg.com, or Fry's for example.

Debbie

Sorry for the late response, super duper busy, running lines in the new house and what not. Got around to playing with it again today and I tried yet again with my internet disabled to reset the thing (internet port disabled and pin hole reset button in the back of device) , but no luck, the default credentials still do no authenticate. Seems a dud.

LTN1

If you purchased something on eBay and it has been less than 30 days, open up a case as an item not as described to return it for your money back. It doesn't matter if it was listed as no refund--you should still be protected provided you open up a case in 30 days. If not, you are out of luck.

If you follow Steve's advice (which I recommend), consider an OBi202, which is currently being sold for $62.99 on Amazon. It provides for two ports--which is nice to have concurrent call management. For the difference between the current cost of the OBi200 and the OBi202 on Amazon, it really is worth the investment in the 202.

ifixit4u

if u still have the unit and unable to return it, would u consider shipping it to me for me to tinker with it.

SteveInWA

As the saying goes, "no user-serviceable parts inside."  It's a custom SoC (system-on-a-chip).  There is nothing you can "tinker with" or ifixit4u.