News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

new google account on sp-2

Started by nell, September 18, 2015, 04:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nell

hi I have a google account on sp-1 on an obi100. I want to create another google account and configure it on sp-2. with your help I would like to configure this. I will end up with 2 separate email addresses and phone numbers. is this possible?
thank you  nell
pothound

SteveInWA

Yes, you can do that.

If you've had this OBi device for a year or longer, then you may need to first update your device's firmware.

From the phone attached to the OBi, dial ***1, and write down the IP address that is read out to you.  Enter that address in your computer's web browser.  Click on System Status.  If the firmware level is below 2872, then download 2872 from this address:  http://fw.obihai.com/OBi-latest.fw, return to the OBi's web page, go to the System Management --> Device Update page, enter the path and filename of the firmware you saved, and click the Update button, and wait a few minutes for it to complete.

You can then refer to my instructions here, to configure your second GV account as SP2:

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8560.msg56460#msg56460

pothound

thanks steve
i have a lot to study here. once i get it synced into my brain i'll go to work on it. i'm a little nervous about losing what i have on sp-1. my obi100 is 2 years old. a firmware update will be needed.
thanks again  pothound

SteveInWA

The Google Voice support that was introduced a year ago uses a different method of accessing your account(s).  Now, rather than directly entering your Google user ID and password into the device, you separately sign into your own Google account(s), and grant OBiTALK access to the Google Chat service.  During the setup procedure, you simply need to be first signed into the correct Google account you want to use for each SPx slot.  It will pop up a window, showing your Gmail address, and ask you to confirm it's the correct account to grant access.

If you set up your device under the old method (that asked you for your Google password), then you simply need to reset your OBi and start fresh.  First, log into your Google account that you want to use for SP1, and follow the steps to add it to your OBi SP1 slot, then (optionally) log out of that Google account, and log into the other Google account, and repeat the steps for SP2.  It is actually easier than it sounds here...just carefully read the prompts on your screen and respond.

Oh, and spark up a bowl after you finish setting it up, not before.   :o