News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Setting up OBi202 with 2 GV #s

Started by DavidB, September 13, 2015, 06:12:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DavidB

I successfully ported my home phone to a cell phone and then GV, and then got it set up with my OBi202 very easily. It works great.

I just did the same thing with my business land line, and it is on a separate GV account. But I can't seem to find how I send that line into my OBi202 to ring on SP2. I'm sure I'm missing something obvious.

Can someone help?

Thanks,

David

lrosenman

You need to be signed in to the "Right" Google Voice account when you add it to the OBI.

I have both mine & my wife's google voice numbers on my obi.

lrosenman

Oh, and once it's added you don't need to be signed in to it.  The obi will store the OAuth2 keys.

DavidB

Thanks for the quick reply.

I understand that I need to sign in using the second GV account. But where do I go from there? I tried "Add Device" and got a message that my device was already set up.

I'm sure I'm missing something obvious, or haven't found the correct page.

David

lrosenman

on your obi dash board, click the gear on the device,
then click the "google voice" setup button.

DavidB

Thanks a lot! That worked. I had to delete the old setup on SP2, and make sure I was logged in on the first GV account but told OBi to set up from the 2nd GV account. It then set up just fine.

But now when I call phone 1 from phone 2, I get a "This number has been disconnected" message. I think I had set up some filtering setting on line 1, so I went in to try to turn all the filters off. But I still get the message.

If I call that phone from a cell phone, it works fine.

Any ideas? I'll keep testing and fooling around with it.

Thanks, again.

David

lrosenman

what do your inbound call routes and digit maps look like for the phone?

Do BOTH GV accounts show CONNECTED on the portal?

DavidB

I think I figured it out. For some reason line # 2 was blocked in GV on line 1. I unblocked it and it works fine.

Thanks for the help, lrosenman.

David

lrosenman

my absolute pleasure :)

Glad to be of use.