News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Resgisration Issues with Anveo and OBI100

Started by pgde, March 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pgde

Hi all:

Newbie here. For some reason, my OBI100 becomes "not registered" with Anveo for no apparent reason. To restore normal registration, I have to unplug my router, DSL modem and OBi device. I have not made any network changes.

Here is how I am setup:

1. D-link DIR-855 router (using PPoE for DSL connectivity). SIP SLG off.
2. Xyzel Q100 DSL modem in bridge mode;
3. OBI100 device.

OBI is connected directly to router.

When I am "not registered" the rest of my network, including DSL connectivity seems to be working fine.

Also, is there a way to export the OBI configuration to a file so I can reload when required?

Thanks,

Peter

PS Anveo's only help was to power down all three devices.

RonR

Quote from: pgde on March 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM
Also, is there a way to export the OBI configuration to a file so I can reload when required?

System Management -> Device Update -> Backup Configuration -> Press Backup to Start Process -> Backup

Choose Backup Options -> Use OBi Version : (checked)

Passwords and PINs will not be backed up and will have to be manually re-entered following a restore.

RonR

Quote from: pgde on March 26, 2012, 03:26:55 PM
For some reason, my OBI100 becomes "not registered" with Anveo for no apparent reason. To restore normal registration, I have to unplug my router, DSL modem and OBi device. I have not made any network changes.

Here is how I am setup:

1. D-link DIR-855 router (using PPoE for DSL connectivity). SIP SLG off.
2. Xyzel Q100 DSL modem in bridge mode;
3. OBI100 device.

OBI is connected directly to router.

If possible, take the modem out of bridge mode and connect the OBi directly to it in an attempt to narrow the problem down to the D-Link router.

You might also try changing the OBi Ethernet port from 10 mb/s half-duplex to 100 mb/s full duplex to see if that helps:

1. Dial *** 0

2. Enter option 27 and press #

3. Press 1 to set a new value

4. Enter a value of 1 and press #

5. Press 1 to confirm/save

6. Hang up

7. Wait for the OBi to reboot

pgde

Hi ROn:

Unfortunately, I can't connect direct to the DSL modem. It is an older model with only 1 network jack which feeds DSL to the wireless router. And if I disconnect it, I would lose internet to the rest of the network.

I had previously done the Ethernet port speed change.

Here is the message from the "System Status Page": Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=74.86.97.192:5060; retry in 7s). One interesting thing is that I can PING the IP address of the server with a response time of 50ms.

Any suggestions would be welcome.

Peter

Stewart

Quote from: pgde on March 26, 2012, 04:51:51 PM
Here is the message from the "System Status Page": Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=74.86.97.192:5060; retry in 7s).
That's not their SIP server -- it's the address of "anveo.com", i.e. their Web server.  Try setting for the SPx in question OutboundProxy = sip.anveo.com and OutboundProxyPort = 5010.

If that doesn't help or is already set, please post all non-default settings you have for Anveo (other than account numbers, password, etc.)

Everton

Something is not right with your setup.  This is what my registered anveo line look likes:

Status   Registered (server=72.9.149.69:5010; expire in 45s)   
PrimaryProxyServer   72.9.149.69:5010   
SecondaryProxyServer   67.212.84.21:5010   
CallState   0 Active Calls

RonR

Quote from: pgde on March 26, 2012, 04:51:51 PM
Here is the message from the "System Status Page": Register Failed: No Response From Server (server=74.86.97.192:5060; retry in 7s). One interesting thing is that I can PING the IP address of the server with a response time of 50ms.

Could it be a DNS problem?

The Anveo SIP server is sip.anveo.com : 72.9.149.69

74.86.97.192 comes back as : www.anveo.com

Try putting 72.9.149.69 in as the ProxyServer and see if you stay registered.

pgde

Hi everybody:

Well, to make a long story short, I think I am back up (with footnotes, see below). BTW, the settings that were on the OBI100/Obitalk were directed by Anveo Tech Support.

1. I changed all the proxies as directed above to the sip.anveo.com address and changed the ports from 5060 to 5010.
2. I did this both on Obitalk and the device itself (which leads to more questions below).
3. Rebooted the Obi100. Still not registered (using the OBI100 "System Status" page). Got an error message No Response From Server.
4. This lead me to check the logs from my DIR-855 and there were a lot of blocked packets from 72.x and 74.x. I have a copy of this log if anybody is interested in seeing it.
5. I went back to the original Broadband Reports email that suggested turning off the SIP ALG. It further said that if you continued to have problems, turn off SPI in Firewall settings (Stateful Packet Inspection). I did this and rebooted the DIR-855 and lo and behold, the OBI100 says Registered and I can complete outgoing calls. What I don't understand is why this worked for the past week without turning off SPI and now I have to????

All of the above raises a number of questions in my mind:

1. If I turn off SPI, won't I be weakening my firewall protection of my network?
2. The Anveo Dashboard webpage continues to say that I am not registered, even though the OBI100 says I am. Is there a bug in their webpage? Clearly I am registered or I could not make outgoing calls. Right?
3. Is it possible to see the "Raw" error log in the OBI100? If so, how. I can't figure that out.
4. What is the relationship between settings in OBITalk and those on the device itself? For instance, when setting the ports in OBITalk, I had to uncheck both the "Default" and "OBITalk Settings" boxes. So what does this mean? That when Obitalk updates the configuration it will not use the entry in that field and not overwrite what is in the device? Or use that entry and overwrite the device? What does "Default" mean? Default on the OBI device? What is already there on the device? Where are defaults defined?

This has been a learning experience and I appreciate everybody's help and patience here. Looking forwards to the answers to the above.  :)

Thanks again!

Peter

IrwinFamily

Peter,

Let me touch on a few of these:

1. If I turn off SPI, won't I be weakening my firewall protection of my network?

You are only turning that off on 1 port, or placing that port in the DMZ. Yes, it weakens the protection of that port, but your OBi is not susceptible to that traffic.

3. Is it possible to see the "Raw" error log in the OBI100? If so, how. I can't figure that out.

The OBi does not store an error log locally.

4. What is the relationship between settings in OBITalk and those on the device itself?

Most of the guys here will tell you to change a couple settings on your device to take it out of OBiTalk, and manage it yourself locally. Personally, I think the expert configuration page of the portal is fine. Either way is fine, but you want to select one or the other. If you did not specifically turn off provisioning on your OBi, the use the OBiTalk Expert page only.

As for 2, I do not use Anveo, so I cannot help you there.

frankhou77

Ran into this same issue with my OBI100.

Changing the port number from 5060 to 5010 solved the problem, the connection was successful and I tested it by calling 933 (Test for 911) and it worked.