News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Why was my post for an Anveo tutorial removed?

Started by RobertThompson, September 18, 2015, 10:15:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RobertThompson

Hello:

Can someone explain why my post for an Anveo tutorial removed?

What have I done wrong?

Thank you,
Rob.

www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com

SteveInWA

This is the Obihai-sponsored/owned product support forum.  Simply posting spam links to your blog, without being directly relevant to solving an OBi-related issue, was the likely reason.  Why don't you stick to the independent DSLreports forum instead.

RobertThompson

Quote from: SteveInWA on September 18, 2015, 05:10:13 PM
This is the Obihai-sponsored/owned product support forum.  Simply posting spam links to your blog, without being directly relevant to solving an OBi-related issue, was the likely reason.  Why don't you stick to the independent DSLreports forum instead.

I posted my tutorial here because of the relationship between Obihai and Anveo.

My thinking was that there must hundreds of Obi users who subscribed to one of the 3 "Anveo for Obi users only" plans and thought that they might be interested.

Guess not.

Actually, I guess we'll never know...

http://anveo.com/anveoforobitalk.asp
Rob.

AlanB

There were some tutorials here in the past.  I had written my own tutorial post on signing up with Anveo before.   I didn't see your tutorial, so I can't comment on why it was removed other than it does seem odd.

RobertThompson

Hi AlanB:

It was simply about making multiple phones ring simultaneously.

Beats the hell out of me as to why it was 'evil'.

Rob.

SteveInWA

Like I said:  I saw your post before it was deleted, and it was just an external link spam to your blog.  Don't do that, or it'll be deleted.

RobertThompson

Note: this is note a smart-ass reply.

My original post said:

"I create a tutorial showing how to have your Anveo phone number ring multiple telephones similtaneously using the Anveo Call Flow Builder..."

and was followed by a link to the blog post.

Is that "spam"? If so, is there a "none spam" way to share this type of information with the OBi/Anveo users on this forum?

I say again, this is not a smart-ass reply.

Rob.

LTN1

Quote from: RobertThompson on September 21, 2015, 05:56:06 AM
Note: this is note a smart-ass reply.

My original post said:

"I create a tutorial showing how to have your Anveo phone number ring multiple telephones similtaneously using the Anveo Call Flow Builder..."

and was followed by a link to the blog post.

Is that "spam"? If so, is there a "none spam" way to share this type of information with the OBi/Anveo users on this forum?

I say again, this is not a smart-ass reply.

I'm not sure why you are so determined to provide these links to the general forum readers. Typically, if anyone needs a specific help, the person will ask--and that's the only time people will really be interested in any solution.

But if you really need to provide a link to a tutorial and not a SPAM-like sales promotion/tutorial, I've seen some forum members include the links in their signature--like the one you have in your current automated signature.

RobertThompson

"I'm not sure why you are so determined to provide these links to the general forum readers."

I just thought that it would be helpful to the OBi/Anveo users in addition to the Sticky: "Call forward to multiple numbers"

I guess that I was wrong to post it.

Sorry.
Rob.

ccclapp

I am trying to set up Anveo with my Obi's and am having difficulty with their call flow builder and have been searching for how-to's.  I wold be very interested in seeing your guide (as an Obi user).  Are you able to PM me with it or add it to your signature?

Thanks for your efforts!

RobertThompson

Quote from: ccclapp on October 22, 2015, 08:25:39 AM
I am trying to set up Anveo with my Obi's and am having difficulty with their call flow builder and have been searching for how-to's.  I wold be very interested in seeing your guide (as an Obi user).  Are you able to PM me with it or add it to your signature?

Thanks for your efforts!

http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/make-your-anveo-phone-number-ring-multiple-phones-step-by-step/

http://www.googlevoiceforcanadians.com/setting-outgoing-callerid-google-voice-anveo-phone-number/

There are other posts as well.

Rob
Rob.

ccclapp

Thanks Rob

Your write up is very helpful.  I would encourage the moderators not to delete it.

RobertThompson

Quote from: ccclapp on October 22, 2015, 12:44:07 PM
Thanks Rob

Your write up is very helpful.  I would encourage the moderators not to delete it.

Don't hold your breath! :)
Rob.

Agent88

Quote from: ccclapp on October 22, 2015, 08:25:39 AM
I am trying to set up Anveo with my Obi's and am having difficulty with their call flow builder and have been searching for how-to's.  I wold be very interested in seeing your guide (as an Obi user).  Are you able to PM me with it or add it to your signature?

Thanks for your efforts!
I second the thanks for the effort!  I have been an Anveo user for several years and still find the call-flow builder hard to use.  It doesn't always work the way you think it will.  My complaints to Anveo result in the typical response, "contact support", which means either sending money for help with questions that should be intuitive, or upgrading service, which again is more money for simple answers.