News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Hangouts and Trusted Callers

Started by joel, September 22, 2015, 07:27:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

joel

Hi,

I've installed Hangouts on my Android, and it seems to work fine so far. The only issue that I have is with my Trusted Caller.

When my Trusted Caller calls into my GV number, my home phone does not ring so I'm not bothered. When I look into my GV call history, it logs the Trusted Caller as a "received call" and notes how long their call was.

However, unlike my home phone, Hangouts will ring until, I'm assuming the caller presses #2 and dials a number out. Then Hangouts logs it as a missed call.

Is there anyway to stop Hangouts from ringing and logging a missed call? Essentially, it would be nice if it worked like my home phone.

Thanks!

LTN1

How does asking a question on the use of Hangouts on an Android phone directly relate to an OBi forum?

If it is strictly Hangouts and Android, you should post on one of these forums:

Google Voice and Hangouts help forums:

https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/voice
https://productforums.google.com/forum/#!forum/hangouts

azrobert

When you call the GV/Hangouts number the call will go to both devices. The OBi will not ring because the Auto Attendant will intercept the call. Hangouts doesn't have this function, so the Android will ring.

The Android should stop ringing after the AA answers the call. The OBi default has a 4 second delay before the AA answers. You can change the delay to zero. This will solve your problem if the OBi AA now answers before the call gets to Hangouts. If this doesn't work, you will have the benefit of not waiting the 4 seconds.

Voice Services -> Auto Attendant -> AnswerDelay: 0

Use OBi Expert to make this change.

Edit:
Maybe there is a way to block the callerid in Hangouts, but I have no idea how.

SteveInWA

You can disable receiving inbound calls on the Hangouts app -- it's in the settings.