News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Google Voice -- Stange issue

Started by cyberbloke, September 22, 2015, 12:35:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

cyberbloke

I am new to the ObiHai 202:

Installed it couple days back and I have 3 Google Voice numbers.  I have configured the Google Voice on the portal and the numbers show configured and ONLINE. The issue is that out of 3 numbers two numbers ring on my phones and third number does not even come the 202 device. I have reconfigured the numbers on portal couple times. I have factory reset the device few times. To no effect.

Same two numbers ring on the phone and third one does not...any clues or help??

Thanks in anticipation....

SteveInWA

Hi:

What, in more detail, do you mean by "and third number does not even come the 202 device"?

It sounds to me like you have a configuration error on that third Google Voice account.  I'd start by looking at the Phones tab of Google Voice settings, and compare each account.  You need to have Google Chat listed, and a check mark needs to be added next to it.  The account needs to be a full Google Voice account with it's own GV-assigned or ported-in telephone number, and not a Google Voice "lite" account.  Full accounts will have the exact two words "Your number" shown on the left side of the page, vs. "Access number" or "Get a voice number".

Also:  assuming that the third account is, in fact, a full account, call it's GV number from some non-GV phone number, and tell me what happens, exactly?

Also, are these all regular consumer Gmail accounts, or Google Apps domain accounts?