News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Easiest way to temporarily disable 1 port

Started by russws, September 22, 2015, 01:27:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

russws

I have a Obi100 with two lines enabled, and I would like the simplest way to temporarily "turn off" one port. Specifically, I don't want calls on that number to ring.

azrobert

You can disable/enable a SP trunk from the phone attached to the OBi100. You won't be able to make outbound calls.

Disable:
x00#  (x=1 for SP1 x=2 for SP2)

Enable:
x00#  (x=1 for SP1 x=2 for SP2)

The OBi100 will re-boot.

If you want to be able to make outbound calls, you will have to modify the configuration.
Voice Services -> SPx Service -> X_InboundCallRoute: {}

restamp's suggestion is much better than mine.

restamp

I don't have a 100.  I have a 200 and 202, but the following may work on your device as well:

How to create a partial Do-Not-Disturb star code (I chose *88):

Star Codes -> Star Code Profile A -> CodeXX

*88, Partial DND, set(Sp1($Dnd),1)), set(Sp3($Dnd),1)

Save the results.  Then, picking up the phone and dialing *88 will put lines 1 and 3 (Service provider 1 and 3) in DND mode.  They won't ring while in this mode, and to remind you of this fact, the dial tone presented will be slow-stutter while partial DND is active.  Lines 2 and 4 will continue to ring through.  Of course, to cancel, just use the DND cancel code:  *79.

In your case, you'd just set up one SP line in the star code above, allowing the other to continue to ring.

russws