News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

"Sign-in attempt prevented by Google" leads to a lot of questions

Started by MBryga, September 23, 2015, 08:04:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MBryga

My apologies if I have the wrong forums, but non sounded appropriate.

1)
We've had a 110 for 4 years and a 202 for 2 years and used them with Google Voice the whole time. We were disappointed when Google Voice wasn't going to be supported, but thrilled on 11 Sept 2014 it was officially supported again. However, on Sept 10th 2015 (1 year exactly) we received emails and texts that 'Sign-in attempt prevented by Google' - so we changed our Google passwords. The only accounts impacted were the pair associated with our OBi's so we suspected that either the OBi devices themselves had been compromised or the OBiTalk website had been (also, the logins allegedly came from our powered-down computers). I've never been contacted about a breach in security or theft of account information nor found any press on the topic. Does anyone know what the cause of these were?

2)
I finally got around to logging on to the ObiTalk website. Both devices are 'backing off' - which I looked up and found probably means I need to set the password - makes sense. I can't find any way to re-configure the Google Voice password (I'd swear it wasn't that hard to do it before).  When I click on the gear icon I get an almost identical web page but with a yellow box telling me my "annual support entitlement has expired" - fine, I didn't want support or firmware updates, I want to update my password. Where do I do this from?
UPDATE - I think I found it under OBiExpert-VoiceServices-SP1Service-SIPCredentials-AuthPassword - but I can't edit it - Grr!

3) I don't think I've ever manually updated firmware on these devices. I'm not seeing the yellow-warning-triangle icon indicating out-of-date firmware (http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=8982.0) - and they are really out-of-date (the 110 is at 1-3-0-2774 and the 202 is at 3-0-1-4041). I followed the instructions and the page is asking for the password for 'Admin@OBi110 - I don't think I ever set this up, and can't find it anywhere either (have the menus changed since this nice article http://www.toao.net/500-mangos-guide-to-configuring-an-obi-ata?). I found reference to the OBiExpert SystemManagement-DeviceUpdate, but that entry isn't in the menus (which differ slightly between 110 and 202).

4)
So this $10 annual support, what is it for, customer service, web site access, firmware upgrades, connectivity? Is it optional or required? Is it per line or OBi device or customer?

MBryga

Thanks for the links. Glad to hear I should be able to do all of this from OBiExpert and the 192.168.x.y web page, but so far no luck (OBiExpert seems to be read only and only one device is responding to it's IP - and I don't know the username or password). I hope I don't have to reset everything and re-add them - but perhaps that is just the easiest.

drgeoff

The default login and password to the device's web server GUI are both 'admin'. (Without the quote marks.)