News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Blocking Individual Numbers

Started by elToro, October 01, 2015, 12:47:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elToro

Hello,

I'm a new user, and I'm having difficulty with getting the final parts set up for the Obi200.

I'm very happy with it overall, but I would like to block certain numbers from both calling in or being called out to from the device. The intent is to block contact between kids and certain people. I'm not going to go into details, but this is being mandated to me, so I need to get it set up before I can plug in the phones and let everyone use them.

The list of numbers is ~10-20 or so, and shouldn't grow very much. Double at most, I would think. I am in USA, and all of these numbers to be blocked are also in USA, though in various area codes.

I've been struggling for days to get this working. I thought it would be something that came up more often, but have not had any luck finding a working example to start from. I've tried different permutations of rules based on my limited understanding of the settings, but so far it hasn't worked.

If it matters, I only have google voice connected to it. Currently a single account, but eventually a second google account, and then a 911 provider is planned.

It seems like there should be a simple setting to do this, but so far it has managed to escape me. Please help!

Thanks!

azrobert

Use OBi Expert to make the following changes.

Setup a User Defined DigitMap with all the phone numbers.

User Settings -> User Defined Digit Maps -> Digit Map2   
Label: rej
DigitMap: (12222222222|13333333333|14444444444)

Reject inbound calls on SP1
Voice Services -> SP1 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(Mrej):},{ph}

Reject outbound calls
Physical Interfaces -> Phone Port
Add the following to the beginning of the OutboundCallRoute:
{(Mrej):},

GV Supplies an 11 digit Callerid on inbound calls.
The default DigitMaps will add a "1" prefix to a dialed 10 digit outbound number, so you don't have to check for 10 digits.

elToro

Wonderful!

Thank you for being so concise and detailed in your answer! Your response immediately did just what I needed, and my phone is now safe to let the kids use with minimal supervision.

Thanks!!!