News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Accessing the call log remotely

Started by Milos, October 03, 2015, 07:55:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ianobi

OK. I think that's fixed, so you will only ever see the GV phone number as effectively it's your GV service that's calling your US cell phone. GV does not allow "CallerID spoofing", that is passing on the callers original CallerID.

At this point we have yet to prove that the European OBi is actually receiving any CallerID on the PSTN line. Anyhow, as I said before, even without the CallerID, if the call is forking to the US OBi and the US cell phone, then the calls should show in the US Call History with a blank Peer Number.

Milos

New twist. I just found that even though the European OBI remote setup shows proper information on ObiTalk, it seems that the actual OBI unit is not updated. Specifically, I changed forwarding so that now OBI should only forward calls to US OBI, the European OBI still forwards calls to my US cell phone. Is there a method to reboot the European OBI remotely (from US) through ObiTalk?
Thanks,

ianobi

If you are making the changes remotely using the OBiTALK portal, then when you press "submit" the remote OBi should reboot. The method is as follows:

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

It can take a few minutes for the reboot to take place.

drgeoff

Quote from: Milos on December 05, 2015, 10:34:34 AM
Is there a method to reboot the European OBI remotely (from US) through ObiTalk?
An Obi should reboot automatically when you make a change on the portal.  Are you sure you clicked 'Submit'?

Milos

Yes, I am sure. I clicked submit, I logged out, I logged in again, and the setup properly shows 
Physical Interfaces -> LINE Port -> InboundCallRoute : {PP(ob200xxxxxx)}

as intended. But the unit still forwards the LINE calls to my US cell phone. 
Also, I have another problem - I set SP1 -> X_InboundCallRoute: aa but Auto Attendant never picks up; instead, my cell phone always rings. It seems that whatever I do the LINE calls get forwarded to my US cell phone.
It seems to me that either hardware or firmware on the European OBI is probably at fault because it looks like nothing changed since a neighbor turned that OBI off an on few weeks ago. Fortunately I will be travelling there in a week, so I will try to play with it when I get there and see if I can fix it somehow.

Milos

I have an update to this issue. I went to Europe for Christmas and I was able to fix everything. I now fork calls to my European apartment to my cell phone in the US and to another OBI110 unit in my house in the US. Now OBI110 in my house in the US shows in its call log the caller ID of the caller. This is exactly what I wanted. I did need a second OBI110 for this solution, but it was worth it since if I miss the call, I can always find out who called me.

Thanks guys for all the help.
Milos

Milos

I forgot to mention that I confirmed that two OBI110 units connected to the same router did not work properly. It was my mistake in the first place that I thought I needed two OBI110 units, since one unit was able to do everything I wanted anyway, so the second unit was not needed and I removed it. I should have read the manual more thoroughly.

Milos

Milos

Hi,

I have another issue with forking I need help with. On my European OBI110, I fork calls from Europe to my US cell phone and my US OBI110, and that works great. On my US OBI110 I see caller IDs of all  callers. Now, I also wanted to do the same forking with my European cell phone. So I installed OBI202 with OBIBt and connected it to my European cell phone. If I forward calls only to my US cell phone, everything works great. If I fork calls to both my US cell phone and US OBI110, I experience a problem. Namely, my US cell phone usually rings once, sometimes twice, and then the call gets terminated and the cell phone ringing stops. I do see the caller ID of the caller on my US OBI110, but I cannot answer the call using my US cell phone, which is actually my main goal.
I wonder if anybody might know why OBI110 and OBI202 act differently. The InboundCallRoute parameters are identical for both, except that I fork the LINE PORT on OBI110 and ObiBluetooth 1 on OBI202.

Thanks