News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

is my obi 202 toast ??

Started by ysobiforum, December 04, 2015, 07:08:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ysobiforum

phone doesnt work this morning. plug phone into port 2. nothing. page shows 0v, 0ma 0 everything. line 1 shows (37V) next to the 0v. line 2 shows 0 all values.
tried booting with no phones plugged in. same result.
did factory reset with the little hole button thingy. plugged in another analog phone into line 1. analog phone shows check tel line on display. tried with my original. same thing. no dial tone or anything.
any options ? or is it toast ?
also does obi cover shipping both ways if its under warranty ? im in canada.

drgeoff

It certainly appears to be sick.  :(

Check the FAQ to ensure you really did the reset properly, though I don't have much hope that a reset would affect a cure. http://www.obihai.com/faq/Troubleshooting-sec/How-to-Factory-Reset

I cannot advise on the warranty.  I'm in the UK were one's redress is with the seller, not the manufacturer.

ysobiforum

looks like its a common problem.
I opened a ticket. They accessed my device and told me to send it to them (with a RMA number) and they would fix or replace the unit. instead I got an RMA through newegg and got is expedited by sending it free via UPS using the newegg label (yay for newegg extended holiday returns!). Hopefully newegg will replace it with a working unit. I also bought another one as a spare. Wish they had more reliable hardware.

dircom

I have several operating with no problems so far (including one in Belize)
do you use a UPS on your Obi?  if not, that would be helpful to protect against over/under voltage and spikes or surges.