News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi Phone Setup Tutorial

Started by MarkObihai, September 12, 2014, 06:27:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ShazamInForum

kvc1

Two different issues.

1.  Never got the phone to work.
2.  Firmware not upgrading.

I posted each in the appropriate area.

Cestmoila

Some years back I bought the OBi202 with Amazon, and managed to get a little bit done with it. But when Cox tech support came over, they saw the OBi202 sitting next to their modem, and told me to "Throw that trash away, it isn't any good" So I unhooked it, but saved it instead, and now I have a problem I can't solve. I obviously had added it to my Dashboard back then, and now because of a severe lightening storm a few nights back, my old Netgear router was fried. So since I needed to buy another one, I chose to buy a Motorola MG7550, a modem/router combo, and it's working. Now I can return the modem to Cox, and stop renting it. BUT, i also have VOIP that Cox provides to a home phone, by plugging into the back of it in the TEL port. So, I either do away with that Cox phone service, switch over to the OBi202, and pair it with my Google Voice I've had for years. Problem I have now, is that I had to change my login ID and Password, since what I put wasn't recognized to sign in. Now, I'm signed in, but it won't let me add my OBi202, since it's already added, under a different ID. i keep calling the **5 0000 numbers it gives me, but an automated response says it's been sent to the server. I simply don't find where I can delete that old account, do a factory reset, and readd the OBi202, under the ID i signed in with yesterday. Can someone help me get rid of the old "ADD", and then I can readd it, so I can actually set it up? Thanks in advance.

drgeoff

Until the OBi202 is deleted from the previous account you will not be able to add it to a different one.  No amount of resets of the 202 or options in its internal menu options can change that.  Only four possibilities:

1.  Remember the email address you used to open the Obitalk account and use the "Forgot password" link.  Most people don't have lots of email addresses.  Of course if the relevant email address is dead that option is out.

2.  Try logging in to obitalk.com with your Google credentials.

3.  Contact Obi tech support who might assist you.

4.  Buy a new OBi.

(BTW this section of the forum is for OBi phones - the OBi1000 and OBi2000 series, not OBi Analogue Telephone Adaptors.)

configuringForever

Title "Obi Phone setup Tutorial" DOES NOT convey fact it applies only to obi1xxx devices. Please FIX IT.

SteveInWA

You are complaining about a five-year-old post.  Nobody goes back to edit a post from that long ago.

If you have a specific question, start your own new discussion post and we'll be happy to help.

configuringForever

No, I'm complaining about the top pinned post on configuration help board, labeled "tutorial". Obviously the first thing to read.

drgeoff

Quote from: configuringForever on November 01, 2019, 12:10:07 PM
No, I'm complaining about the top pinned post on configuration help board, labeled "tutorial". Obviously the first thing to read.
Yes, the first thing to read if you have an OBi phone.  An OBi100/110/200/202/212/300/302/ is an Analogue Telephone Adaptor (ATA) not an OBi phone.

And even if you fail that intelligence test you don't need to read much of the tutorial before it mentions "apps" and "keys", neither of which is present on any OBi ATA. Big hint that you are reading the wrong tutorial.

ploo

Hi
I just received my OBI202 and set it up on my router.
My SIP provider is also correctly registered and I've updated the OBI202 firmware.

When I dial the ** codes, I can hear the automated voice messages.

However, I cannot dial out or receive calls.

I have a PTSN phone connected to the phone ports.  When I lift the handset to dial, all I can hear is a rumbling tone and when I press the keys to dial, I do not get the key dial tone.

When I call my landline with my mobile, I can hear the call ringing but my landline PTSN phone doesn't ring as it is supposed to.

Any help from this forum is very much appreciated.

Thanks

drgeoff

Quote from: ploo on November 04, 2021, 03:59:04 AM
Hi
My SIP provider is also correctly registered and I've updated the OBI202 firmware.

I have a PTSN phone connected to the phone ports.  When I lift the handset to dial, all I can hear is a rumbling tone and when I press the keys to dial, I do not get the key dial tone.

When I call my landline with my mobile, I can hear the call ringing but my landline PTSN phone doesn't ring as it is supposed to.

Thanks
You should get dial tone as soon as you lift the handset.  Or do you mean that you don't hear the DTMF tones as you press keys.

When you call from the mobile do either of the rightmost two LEDs of the 202 flash?

If you dial **9 222 222 222 do you reach the echo test and hear "Welcome to Obitalk and ...."?

ploo

Quote from: drgeoff on November 04, 2021, 05:06:57 AM
Quote from: ploo on November 04, 2021, 03:59:04 AM
Hi

I have a PTSN phone connected to the phone ports.  When I lift the handset to dial, all I can hear is a rumbling tone and when I press the keys to dial, I do not get the key dial tone.

Thanks
You should get dial tone as soon as you lift the handset.  Or do you mean that you don't hear the DTMF tones as you press keys.

When you call from the mobile do either of the rightmost two LEDs of the 202 flash?

If you dial **9 222 222 222 do you reach the echo test and hear "Welcome to Obitalk and ...."?

Hi drgeoff,
I just managed to dial out from my attached PTSN phone, but still not receiving calls.
when I lift the handset, I do not hear the DTMF tones when I dial.  After dialing ** and 7 digits (before I could finish dialing 10 digits), I was interrupted by OBITalk's automated voice:  dial 1 to continue with the number, dial 2 to enter a new number....

so I entered 2 and entered the 10-digit number to successfully dial out.

There's just too many steps to dial out because OBITalk is default enabled.
I tried to disable but each time I rebooted OBI202, it became enabled again.

I need to have the phone working without the need for preceding dial with **.

The instructions with OBI202 does not help.  Any help here would be great.
Thanks

ChaLeeBoy

I've just picked up a new and boxed Obihai 1032 IP Phone from eBay for pennies. I already own an Obi202 so setting it up was straight forward, except for the OpenVPN which I cannot get working.

Would some kind soul please give me a quick tutorial.

ChaLeeBoy

I got it working using a third party firmware but once connected to the VPN the phone will not register my SIP accounts, as soon as I disconnect from OpenVPN on the phone it registers immediately.

I got the tech at NordVPN looking into it but I think the problem is on the phone or the version of OpenVPN on the phone.