News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

General question on the Obi110

Started by adk-obi, October 17, 2015, 09:30:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

adk-obi

Before purchasing an Obi110, I wanted to assure the following could be achieved.  I will be connecting an existing POTS line along with a VOIP.ms account.  I am assuming incoming calls on the POTS line is fairly straight forward.

- Can all outbound calls be automatically routed to the VOIP.ms connection?
- Can 911 be automatically routed over the POTS line?
- Can the POTS line be automatically used in a fail-over situation (for instance when the VOIP.ms account is unavailable due to an internet service outage)?

Thank you for any information you can provide on if the above configuration would work and any special notes on how to set that configuration.

drgeoff

Yes
Yes
?  (It's the automatic bit I'm hesitant about.  Possibly by using a Trunk Group which contains both the voip.ms SP and the LINE.  There is a proponent of Trunk Groups who responds here quite often.  Perhaps he'll chip in.)

MurrayB

I use VOIP.ms and failover can be set on any or all of your SIP numbers independently to any number including your POTS line. My numbers all are set to failover to my cell because I do not have a POTS line.

Good Luck!

ianobi

As drgeoff suggest, setting up a Trunk Group will do what you want. The default 911 settings for the OBi110 will route 911 to the POTS line and will not be affected by my suggested config.

The changed parameters are as follows:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: Trunk Group 1
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: Trunk Group 1

Voice Services > Gateways and Trunk Groups > Trunk Group1 >
TrunkList: sp1,li
DigitMap: ((Msp1)|(Mli))

Voice Services > SP1 Service > X_NoRegNoCall: checked

I'm assuming that you will set up Voip.ms on sp1. The two digitmaps Msp1 and li may need a few tweaks to suit Voip.ms and your local requirements. Plenty of posts on this forum regarding that.

ProfTech

We should note here, since you asked about automatic failover that the current [latest] version of the 110 will not failover to the POTS line if the Obi loses power no matter how you set it up. If you want to have a complete backup to the POTS line you need to connect a second phone directly to the POTS line, ahead of the Obi. My 110 is old enough that it does have the failover feature but I still have a second phone connected directly to the line, partially just for that reason.

*edited* Simply turn off the ringer on the second phone if you only want to use it for emergency or outbound local calls.