News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Any barring rule works only once on OBI200

Started by TomSkr, June 07, 2015, 03:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TomSkr

I am using GV and have the following DigiMap in ITSP Profile A General on OBI200:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

I read the admin guide and searched the forum but I cannot make any barring rules to stick more than once. The block works for one dial, then the calls are allowed to go through on subsequent dials.

For example, just as a test, I added |!x.832xx.  at the end of the Digimap. The block worked one, afterwards calls to area code 832 go through.

I am at a loss what to try next. I need to be able to block father's outgoing calls. He is 87 years old and keeps calling all kinds of 866 numbers to enter sweepstakes. So I am trying this on my OBI200 box before I configure his OBI110.

Thanks for help.

azrobert

Are you using the local interface and not OBiTalk to configure your OBi? If you are using the local interface, you must disable OBiTalk Auto Provisioning.

Try adding the following to the beginning of the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute:
{(1832xxxxxxx):},

You don't have to check for 10 digit numbers because the ITSP A DigitMap will prefix them with a one.

If you have a SIP trunk defined, you can route these calls somewhere to give him a message. If you don't have a SIP trunk you can define a dummy. One message would be something like "Your call is not reachable from your calling area, please check the number and try again". Let me know if you want to do this.

FYI, rule x.832xx. will match the following:
A better rule: 1?832xxxxxxx

Edit:
I had a typo in the OutboundCallRoute rule that I fixed.

TomSkr

I am using OBI Expert mode to make the changes and submitting them.

I updated the DigitMap on ITSP Profile A General to:

(!1?832xxxxxxx|1xxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx)

and added {(1832xxxxxxx):}, to the OutputCallRoute on Phone 1:

{{1832xxxxxxx):},([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

This makes no difference. After making the change only first call does not go through.

BTW, I am remote to the OBI and I am testing this via OBION app.

azrobert

You didn't see the edit of my post.
I had a typo and you copied the rule before I corrected it.
Anyway, it doesn't matter because I tested rule "!1?832xxxxxxx" and it works.
Remove the rule I gave you from the OutboundCallRoute.
Now you should be good dialing from the Phone Port and you will get a busy tone after dialing an 832 area code.

There is a flaw in your testing method.
There is no equivalent test from OBion because there isn't a DigitMap associated with OBion.
The Voice Services -> OBiTalk Service -> InboundCallRoute gets control of an OBion call.
If you want to reject 832 call from OBion add the following to the OBiTalk inbound route:
{>(1?832xxxxxxx):},

You need the ">".

OzarkEdge

Quote from: TomSkr on June 07, 2015, 03:12:19 PM
I am at a loss what to try next. I need to be able to block father's outgoing calls. He is 87 years old and keeps calling all kinds of 866 numbers to enter sweepstakes. So I am trying this on my OBI200 box before I configure his OBI110.

I believe this trunk digit map (Mspn) rule will block area codes 866 and 900:  ...|1([2-9]xx|!866|!900)xxx xxxx|...

OE

GreggNet

I had a similar problem for my mother. But I only needed to block her from dialing one phone number. It's the only phone number she remembers now. She has a memory problem and would repeatedly call her sister at all hours and in the middle of the night.

I updated Profile A General DigitMap by adding the following right before the ending parenthesis. I'll use all 5's here instead of the actual phone number.

|!15555555555|5555555555

By using these 2 rules the number is blocked with a fast busy signal when dialed with the 1 in front of it (the way my mother always dials it,) but it goes through when dialed without the 1 in front (so that I can call the number from this line.) Without the second rule of just the number you'll get a "no call route" message when dialing without the 1.

Anyway. This was all trial and error on my part. Maybe this can help someone else who is just looking to block one or a few specific numbers from being dialed.

Oh, and I forgot to add that you have to add the new rules to the rest that are there inside the parenthesis separated by the | symbol. I originally tried adding the new rules in their own parenthesis but that gave me the problem the above poster was having of it only blocking for the first dial and then after that subsequent dials would go through.