News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

voicemail after1 ring

Started by pothound, October 25, 2015, 03:54:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pothound

hi  my landline phones go to voicemail after 1 ring. i have two google voice numbers and one vestalink number. i'm using an obi200 and 2 obi100s. 2 months ago i put my cellphones on tracfone. is there a setting somewhere i need to change?
thank you  pothound

drgeoff

Your post as as clear as mud.

Which provider's voicemail?

What have cellphones got to do with landlines?

Has this been working OK previously or not?

durk

hi  i have google voice voicemail. it seems coincidental that this problem occurred after my tracfone installations. i deleted my tracfone forwarding number from my google account hoping it would help, but it probably does not matter. i deleted all contacts from the phone. i rebooted my phone adapters and router and still  goes to voicemail after 1 ring occassionaly.
thank you  pothound
pothound

SteveInWA

Your post is still pretty vague.

I have a theory about your issue, but the best way to troubleshoot this would be to take a screenshot of this web page from your computer's web browser:  https://www.google.com/voice#phones

Use Windows Paint or some other program to black out your personal information, except leave the last 4 digits of all phone numbers exposed, so I can figure out how you have configured your account.

Click the "Additional Options..." link below, to attach your screenshot as a file attachment.

pothound

hi i think i found a problem. one of my obi100's has an "xml parsing error". sounds serious. i may have to delete, reset. and reconfigure. what are your thoughts? as far as screen shot goes, i'll have to figure this out. on the phone page i have google chat checked, and no forwarding number. thank you   pothound

SteveInWA

I don't know.  Did you try to back up a configuration on one of your OBis and then restore it to another, different box?  The error suggests that your config file is corrupted.  Resetting and starting over should resolve the error if you did that.

pothound

hi now i'm getting a "no service configuration error". i deleted device. first. i reset it manually several times , did a firmware update thru the computer,and still can not reconfigure obi. when i dial *** i get the error.  thank you  pothound

durk

hi something else i discovered. the device number on phone adapter is 300 8xx xxx. the number in obi portal is 290 xxx xxx. they are different. i can not get obi support, so i am stuck.  i tried changing the number in the obi config portal, but it will not allow it to happen.
pothound

SteveInWA

Here in this discussion, and also in your other discussions, you have been posting from several different user IDs.  I suspect that you have multiple OBiTALK portal accounts, and you've lost track of which is which.  You can only have an OBi box added to one OBiTALK account at a time.  If it is currently assigned to say, "pothound", you cannot add it to, say, "durk".  You will need to sort this out.

Regarding the OBi numbers:  All accounts have a "softphone" number starting with 290.  It can't be deleted, and it is only useful with the OBiON softphone apps.  Just ignore it, and if you wish, click the "Hide softphone" link at the upper right corner of the list, to make it disappear.

OBi 110 devices start with 200.  I don't own one, but I am guessing that the OBi 100 devices may start with 300.  OBi 202 devices start with 500 and 200 devices start with 510.  OBi 1032s start with 610, and OBi 1022s start with 630.

drgeoff

I can't say it applies to all OBi100s but the one I have seen had a 300 number.

pothound

hi  i made a mistake putting wrong forum name in it. i hope i don't have another obi account with a different name.
an obi tech called yesterday. he had me try a few adjustments, that still gave the "no service configure error". so we could not get past the add device step. after about 20 minutes we elected to get a new unit. he recommended the obi200. that took all the fun out of it.
i still wonder if it was fixable. i downloaded firmware update from computer and got a solid green light on the power side. thats as far as i could go.
thank you   pothound

SteveInWA

I still have no clue as to what you've done to make this happen, but if replacing the OBi moves things along to whatever else is wrong, then great.

pothound

hi steve  i have to apologize. between my wife and i we have 5 obi accounts. i found 1 with durk and 1 with nell on it. later i'll change it.
about a month ago my cable modem went bad. i added a new modem, and all 3 of my phone adapters came back except this one. it would blink red and green for a long time. i unplugged it for a day, plugged back in, and it worked, so i thought. when i get a phone call it would ring once and go to voicemail. i followed directions on obitalk. i deleted device and manually reset it.
the phone always says "no service configure error".
i typed ip address on computer and would get "xml parsing error not well formed" so i downloaded firmware update and reset it. it did not help.
i do not think this obi100 is bad. i am not a computer person. i want to keep trying to get this unit back to normal. the phone only allows me to do the echo test.
thank you pothound

drgeoff

Are you using the "new" procedure to configure GV?  If you have reset an OBi (or using a new one) the "old" method of just entering GV username and password will no longer work.  You must use the "wizard" on the Obitalk portal.

Are you connecting two or more of your OBis to one GV account (ie number).  I believe there are issues doing that.  I don't know the exact details but something like only the last one to register will work.  I think 1xx and 2xx units differ in that respect.  No doubt SteveInWA can elucidate.  

pothound

hi right now i'm trying to put a screenshot of the xml parsing error in here. i may not be able to figure it out today. i reset this unit 3 times, did a firmware up date again. i'm using the wizard on the obitalk portal. my google voice is already established. is there a change i have to make?
thank you  pothound

pothound

hi this is the error i get on computer in settings  pothound

SteveInWA

See attached photo for the tool you need to resolve this.

Buy an OBi 200.

pothound

thank you guys  i should have an obi200 tuesday. i didn't realize how serious the xml error is. i thought it could be renewed. i did get an echo test.
pothound

LTN1

The difference between the 200 and 202 on Amazon is currently $15. For that difference, it really is worth having the extra port for an actual second line even if one doesn't need it at the present time. There are a few other advantages also like built in QoS and an extra LAN port. While I'm probably technically wrong (since Obihai says the 200 and 202 handles calls the same way), I noticed the 202 that I upgraded to 6 months later had better call quality and fax reception abilities. Whether I am wrong or not in my perception, I think the price difference and extra features were personally worthwhile to get the 202.

pothound

hi  the 202 would have been a better choice for me. i didn't think of it. the obi 200 will be here tomorrow. yesterday this obi 100 started working. it is back in service, but i still get the "no service configure error" and in the ip address some of the items will not display. this is picture is from the "itsp profile a" page. also i no longer get the "xml parsing error"
thank you all  pothound