News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Phone recording and multiple lines

Started by acsel_admin, October 30, 2015, 01:14:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

acsel_admin

I used 1062 phone with GV.  Is there a way to record during calls?  I saw there are two USB ports, can they be used for recording?

In addition, can I register 2+ phones under one Obihai number with one GV account?  If so, can they be used simultaneously

SteveInWA

Quote from: acsel_admin on October 30, 2015, 01:14:07 PM
I used 1062 phone with GV.  Is there a way to record during calls?  I saw there are two USB ports, can they be used for recording?

No, you can't record to the phone's local storage nor to a USB drive.  However, you can record inbound calls only, via Google Voice.  You need to enable this feature on your Google Voice settings page, here, by checking the "Call options box:  https://www.google.com/voice/#callsettings

Then, during a call, press the "4" key to toggle recording on or off.

To learn more about how the phone works, read the phone's user guide here:  http://www.obihai.com/docs/OBi1000-IP-Phones-User-Guide.pdf

In addition, can I register 2+ phones under one Obihai number with one GV account?  If so, can they be used simultaneously

You have one OBiTALK portal account, and on that account, you can add as many OBi devices as you own; OBi 1xx or 20x ATAs, and/or OBi 10x2 IP phones.

Each OBi IP phone can be configured to use anywhere from one to six different VoIP service providers, SP1 through SP6.  You can use different Google Voice accounts, or you can configure the same Google Voice account on multiple OBi IP phones.  I think that the latter is what you meant.

Just add each OBi IP phone to your OBiTALK dashboard, and then, while signed into your Google Voice account on another browser tab, go back to the dashboard and set up the SP1 or other SP to use your Google Voice account.

You can use the same GV account and its phone number simultaneously on more than one IP phone.  When an inbound call comes in, all the phones will ring and you can answer whichever one you wish.