News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

AA not able to forward a New Call or Call Back Number

Started by forum_obiuser, October 21, 2015, 01:55:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

forum_obiuser

I just set up a Obi202 through Obitalk and am not able to get the auto attendant to work for IVR options #2 (New Call) or #3 (Enter a Call Back Number). When doing so, I get the # you dialed is invalid message. I can use **1, **2, etc in the dial string and successfully place my call out of the expected port from AA, I am just not able to do this without prefixing the outbound port. In this case the Primary Line is SP1. This is you basic configuration with no local or Obi expert configuration done by me. I also have a similar basic configuration on a Obi110 and do not have an issue with dialing out using AA.

Logs shows 1st leg arriving at AA1 followed by a transfer to AN1. There is no 2nd leg. When compared to the Obi110 successful AA call, the 1st leg arrives at the AA1 and gets transferred to the Primary line with the expected 2nd call leg.

Any ideas on what is missing in my dial plan? Thanks

ianobi

Nothing obvious comes to mind. It is worth noting that the AA has its own Primary Line, default should be sp1, but maybe has got changed somehow, so check:

Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Also check that the AA digitmap has this as its last rule (Mpli) and the AA OutboundCallRoute has this as its last rule {(Mpli):pli}

If you are testing by calling into your OBi from a remote number, then try testing locally instead. Dial **0 from the phone plugged into the Phone Port, which should give you the AA with the same three options.

forum_obiuser

I checked your suggestions and the AA is set to the Primary line (SP1) as seen from the local config. Also, the rules are present in both the AA digitmap and AA OutboundCallRoute. It doesn't matter whether I connect to AA remotely or locally though the phone port, same failed behavior. It sounds like it should work and that this is not a known obi202 AA bug? I guess I can always try the delete, reset obi and readd to see if this fixes it. Thanks for the suggestions.

dggoldst

I am having the exact same problem. Options 2 and 3 on the AA fail when given a ten digit US number. Only way to make it work is to prefix with **1.

Any ideas?

ianobi

I'm beginning to think that there may be a genuine bug here somewhere. Your Primary Line should be doing the routing, but the AA seems to be ignoring it.

Looking at these configs:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph.ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

When processing calls the OBi firmware should internally replace pli with whichever service you have designated your Primary Line (e.g. "SP1"). Perhaps this is not happening. Make the changes manually and see what happens – I'll assume that SP1 is your Primary Line in this example:

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Msp1))

Voice Services > Auto Attendant > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph.ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Msp1):sp1}

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot.

Please report back your findings here.

dggoldst

OK. Before I changed anything, I wanted to make sure my digit map and outbound call route were the same as yours, so I wrote a little program.

ianobi_digitmap =
"([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))"
my_digitmap =
"([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]|[1-9][0-9]|<00:$1>|0|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))"
ianobi_route =
"{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph.ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}"
my_route =
"{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{0:ph,ph2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}"

ianobi_digitmap == my_digitmap
[1] TRUE
ianobi_route == my_route
[1] FALSE

So the weird thing is that your outbound calling route has "ph.ph2" around the 25th character in the string, and mine has "ph,ph2" at the same place. However, I don't think that rule is being applied, so it probably doesn't matter. So let's put that aside.

I have made the suggested changes. It seems to work now! Thanks! (I was having trouble at first by logging into the OBI Web page by its IP address instead of using the Expert Config).

I am accessing AA by dialing **0. I am using Google Voice on SP1 and have no traditional landline.

Should we try to figure out why it doesn't work when Mpli is in the config strings?

drgeoff

dggoldst

Agreed. Fixed that, though, and made ianobi's changes.

The only mystery remaining is why I needed to replace Mpli with Msp1. Shouldn't it just work with Mpli in the config strings? Does that mean something else in my config is wrong?

ianobi

QuoteSo the weird thing is that your outbound calling route has "ph.ph2" around the 25th character in the string, and mine has "ph,ph2" at the same place.

As drgeoff says "ph.ph2" is a typo. Interestingly, I copied that directly from the AdminGuide. You just gotta check every little "." and "," from every source   :D

QuoteThe only mystery remaining is why I needed to replace Mpli with Msp1. Shouldn't it just work with Mpli in the config strings? Does that mean something else in my config is wrong?

I don't think there is anything wrong with your config, I think that this is a genuine firmware bug. It would be helpful if you would open a ticket with Obihai quoting your hardware / firmware levels and pointing them to this thread. Feedback here would be helpful for other OBi202 owners.