News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBIline setup with OBi200

Started by yfmh, December 05, 2015, 12:23:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

yfmh

I have an obi200.  I configured one of the accounts with a Google Voice number.  Let us call it GV1

I have just installed Obliline USB device.  I also registered the obi200 with a second Google Voice number I will call it GV2.  Here what I want to do:
1)   I want when dialing GV2, it directs me to Obliline and I have access to the PSTN line connected to it and receive the dial tone of the PSTN line so I make calls through PSTN.

2)   Optimally, before I receive the PSTN dial tone, I want to be prompted to enter a PIN before giving the PSTN dial tone.

Is the above possible through Obliline?  If yes, how can it be done?

I know how to use the Obliline through the "Trusted Callers" when dialing in my Obitalk Box or dialing my PSTN number to be prompted the Obi Attendant both ways.

Many Thanks

azrobert

You can route the call to the PSTN dial tone, but there is no way to require a PIN. You can route calls to PSTN by callerid for security.

Assuming the 2nd GV is defined on SP2:
Voice Services -> SP2 Service -> X_InboundCallRoute:
{(18005551212|18005551313):li},{ph}

18005551212 and 18005551313 are the callerids you want routed to PSTN.
Use OBi Expert to make this change.

This works for my OBi110. I'm running down level firmware and configure the OBi110 locally, not thru OBiTalk. If you get a message from PSTN like "Invalid number", you will need additional code.

Why don't you want to use the Auto Attendant? Is it because of all the prompts? You can modify the AA to remove or alter the prompts.

Edit:
You can have a PIN with the AA.