News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

My fax no longer completes connection - FIXED!!!!

Started by Agent88, November 07, 2015, 01:12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KL_Insurance

I am having some of the same issues experienced by Agent88 on 11/07/2015 - using the Obi202 for faxing faithfully for several months without issue.  Suddenly a change in function.  Now when dialing out with Canon4890dw fax (set to 7200bps, with ECM off & using Google Voice for dialing out on my SP2), the receiving fax line initially picks up, but is immediately disconnected.  No change to any equipment on my end - and my previously flawless setup doesn't work anymore.

I've done my research on the forum, used the settings from the post by GSonFreephone from 09/18/2015.
I've played with the Obi Expert Configuration - turning off the ObiTalk settings, and the Device Default settings on all but the CODEC G.711U (with silence suppression enabled).
I'm certainly not experienced with SIP setup, but I am a willing student. 
I welcome help from the Gurus out there.  I promise to speak with civility and appreciation for any kind support.

LTN1

Quote from: KL_Insurance on December 08, 2015, 05:19:48 PM
I am having some of the same issues experienced by Agent88 on 11/07/2015 - using the Obi202 for faxing faithfully for several months without issue.  Suddenly a change in function.  Now when dialing out with Canon4890dw fax (set to 7200bps, with ECM off & using Google Voice for dialing out on my SP2), the receiving fax line initially picks up, but is immediately disconnected.  No change to any equipment on my end - and my previously flawless setup doesn't work anymore.

I've done my research on the forum, used the settings from the post by GSonFreephone from 09/18/2015.
I've played with the Obi Expert Configuration - turning off the ObiTalk settings, and the Device Default settings on all but the CODEC G.711U (with silence suppression enabled).
I'm certainly not experienced with SIP setup, but I am a willing student. 
I welcome help from the Gurus out there.  I promise to speak with civility and appreciation for any kind support.

For some of us here, this thread brings back memories a son of bitch that only listened to our advice half of the time and it became quite hard to help troubleshoot the situation. As it is getting long and your attached images are really small and hard to see, I suggest starting a new thread with the same question and a larger and clearer jpg file of what you are trying to show.