News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

How do I change the default LAN IP address of OBI202?

Started by RajaP, November 15, 2015, 07:31:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RajaP

When I log into OBITALK, I went to expert configuration and then to Router Configuration.  Unlke the manual says, I don't see a LAN configuration option.  I need to change the default address 192.168.10.1 as it conflicts with the IP address of another device I just purchased.  I can't change that device's address as I need to use it to log into it.  I will appreciate any help you can provide.

drgeoff

Unless you need to use the QoS feature of the OBi202, I'm not convinced that there much merit to using the 192.168.10 subnet that the 202 defaults to.  Either connect your other devices to your main router or put the 202 into bridge mode.

However, if you do want to use the LAN port in router mode and need to change the default LAN IP you should click on Router Configuration, then LAN Settings.  In the main body change the value in RouterIPAddress.

I don't have a 202 so cannot say for certain that parameter appears under Expert Mode.  It does appear when using the device's local web GUI as you can see from the demo GUI at http://www.obihai.com/uidemos/obi202/i.