News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

OBi508 and hunting to old Avaya PBX

Started by tellermetrix, February 13, 2015, 07:28:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tellermetrix

I have configured this device with Callcentric. Inbound and outbound calls are working. I'll be connecting the obi508 to an old Avaya PBX phone system with 6 to 8 lines(channels) in use. In order for the obi508 to work with the PBX I need it to hunt on each phone port instead of ringing on all the phone ports at the same time on inbound calls.

For example Port 1 and 2 are available (not in use), ring on port 1 only. If port 1 is in use ring on port 2 next.

In my OBihai configuration screen I see Hunt Groups Settings. But I haven't been able to find any documentation on it. 

Is there anyway to configure an Obihai device to work like this?

Thank you for your assistance.

Tuan

Under Hung Groups Settings, on Group1, uncheck Obitalk settings and device defaults.  Type gp(1)={ph1+ph2+ph3+ph4+ph5+ph6+ph7+ph8};du10;np=0

Then under SP1, X_InboundCallRoute, uncheck Obitalk settings and device defaults, erase {ph1} and type gp(1)

Don't forget to click Submit for both changes to save settings.

This should activate hunt group.  (e.g. If line 1 is busy, line 2 rings, if lines 1,2 are busy, line 3 rings, and so on.)

tellermetrix

That is awesome. I knew it was doable but could not find any information on it and thank you for posting.

Unfortunately we've decided to go with a different VoIP provider and won't be using it.

Anyone interested in buying a used OBi508 for cheap? I'll throw in free UPS ground shipping to the lower 48.

tellermetrix

I'm selling my OBi508 on ebay if anyone is interested. No reserve

http://www.ebay.com/itm/171988822754