News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Dial Out help

Started by LesSz, November 13, 2015, 06:25:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

LesSz

Hello,

I setup two providers (which show they are registering :)

Now I'm trying to get dialing to work.  My aim is for a simple dialplan (no need for 911 or failover or anything like that.

So what I would like is for: dialing 0621xxxxxx to go to provider 1
dialing 011xxxxxxxx or 06(anything other than 21) to go to provider 2.

On the Physical Interfaces->Phone 1->Digitmap I have the deault:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|##|**70(Mli)|**8(Mbt)|**81(Mbt)|**82(Mbt2)|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**3(Msp3)|**4(Msp4)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

and Call Route also default:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<##:>):li},{(<**70:>(Mli)):li},{(<**82:>(Mbt2)):bt2},{(<**81:>(Mbt)):bt},{(<**8:>(Mbt)):bt},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**3:>(Msp3)):sp3},{(<**4:>(Msp4)):sp4},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

On Service Providers->Profile A General->DigitMap I have:
{(0621XXXXXXXS0):SP1},{(011xx.|06xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.):SP2}

On Service Providers->Profile B General->DigitMap I have:
(011xx.|06xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

I should also mention this is an OBI200 and I have provider 1 set as the primary.

When I dial 0621xxx it works ok :) ....when I dial 011... all i get is a fast busy tone.   (If I call using **2 011... then it works, but I'd like to avoid using the **2 as I'm setting this up for seniors and that complicates things too much)

LesSz

If I can complicate things just a little bit, is there a way to also add a substitution.   So it the person was dialing 0621... it could change it to 0113621... ?

I tried adding this to the digit map for the service provider but didnt work

<0621:0113621>0621xxxxxx

Maybe this also needs to be done in the phone1 section?

ianobi

Try this:

Service Providers->Profile A General->DigitMap:
(<0621:0113621>xx.S2|0113621xx.|<**2>(011xx.|06xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.))

Service Providers->Profile B General->DigitMap:
(011xx.|06xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

Leave everything else as it is.

I'm just about to go out, so rushed this. I'll be back tomorrow with more time, so please feel free to ask questions or tell me it doesn't work   :)

LesSz

Thanks! that worked great! :)

Just for learning purposes, the <**2> before the brackets tells it to put a **2 before all calls matching the criteria inside the ()

Then the sp2 map tells it the dialing rule for the actual dialing correct?

ianobi

Yes, you have the idea.

Outbound number processing in an OBi is in most cases a two stage process. Firstly, using DigitMaps in the Phone Port DigitMap to match allowed digits / number formats (transforming where needed like prepending **2) – what order rules are in does not matter for this first stage. In your case, when dialling a number with no ** prefixes etc, digits will be assessed by the (Mpli) digitmap. (Mpli) = Map Primary Line. In your case (Mpli) = (Msp1) = Service Providers->Profile A General->DigitMap  so we can use that digitmap to "redirect" numbers to anywhere.

The second stage compares the whole number from the first stage with each rule in the Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. It compares the number with each rule from left to right. In your case after **2 has been prepended in the first stage, then numbers starting with **2 will only match this rule:

{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2}

This matches any number format within (Msp2), removes the **2 and routes the call to sp2.
(Msp2) = Service Providers->Profile B General->DigitMap