News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Speed Dial Management on Multiple OBi Google Voice boxes

Started by restamp, November 20, 2015, 12:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

restamp

Am I missing something, or is it impossible to configure two OBi Google Voice devices (200, 202...), registered under the same OBiTalk account, with an individual set of speed dials for each?

BigJim_McD

restamp,

My mixture of 4 OBi devices all share the same Speed Dial List that I built and update using OBiTalk.  When I update a speed dial, the update is downloaded onto my OBi devices.  I've noticed that after an update on OBiTalk, that the Led lights on the OBi110 and OBi100 will blink similar to what happens when I reboot a device.

As far as I know, the speed dial list is shared with all OBi devices registered to the same account.
BigJimMcD

restamp

Thanks, Big Jim, that's pretty much what I thought.  It does seem a bit weird, though, that the presumption would be that the users of every OBi box I maintain would all want the same speed dials.  Much better, IMO, would be to allow an option for maintaining them on a per-unit basis.  I know you can create separate accounts for each OBi box, but that makes overseeing the boxes more difficult.