News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Software bug or feature? Scrambled call log.

Started by PeterR, November 17, 2015, 03:26:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PeterR

I'm setting up a OBi202 and I'm running into some odd behavior.  Mainly, the OBiLine does not always pick up the caller ID and will occasionally blast DTMF into my ear.  While looking around, I found some weird things in the log. The log is showing up some weird characters after the address of the destination.  After looking at a bunch of these log entries I realized that these are OBi setting and parameters.  I'm not sure if the 202 is picking these up from a SIP header or if somehow its own memory is being corrupted and ending up in the log.   Take a look at all of the "To SP1(". Look after the "@sip" and you will see what I mean.  Anything after the "@sip" is NOT part of the address it was sent to.  These are Anveo callflow destinations that end with @sip.anveo.com.  These calls all worked correctly, so the log isn't showing what was actually sent.

I ordered a replacement ATA, and it does the same thing.  Latest firmware on both.

Anyone ever seen something like this?  Any ideas on the cause?  Could this be related to the flakey OBiLine?  ???

--Peter R--

lrosenman

Been going on for a LONG time, and ObiHAI *IS* aware of it.  They don't seem to be interested
in fixing it either.   The XML download is even worse (with 0x00 characters, mal-formed XML, etc)

PeterR

Thanks.  Glad to know that I am not crazy, or that this is causing some of the other problems I am having with this box.  If OBihai had admitted this in the first place, it would have saved them from sending a replacement box.