News:

On Tuesday September 6th the forum will be down for maintenance from 9:30 PM to 11:59 PM PDT

Main Menu

Digit map setup

Started by bomberb17, November 19, 2015, 01:14:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bomberb17

Hello, I have the Obi110 which I use to make calls with pennyconnect sip provider. I can make calls normally, but I am forced to dial two zeroes and my country code before each call (e.g. instead of dialing "6943124564", I have to dial "00 30 6943124564").
How can I configure the Obi110 to make calls without dialing these 4 extra digits each time? But I also need to be able to make international calls normally if I dial  two zeroes and another country code!
My digitmap configuration is the default one which is "([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|911|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))"
Thanks!

ianobi

I see you are in Greece, so I will need some input from you on normal number formats that you are using as well as the standard ten-digit format. Numbers such as emergency numbers need to be changed if you intend using the OBi110 for emergency calls.

Questions:

Are you using the Line Port – do you wish any calls to be routed through it to PSTN?

Is pennyconnect set up on SP1?

Is SP1 designated as the Primary Line?

If pennyconnect is set up on SP1, then the digit map that needs changing is:

Service Providers > ITSP Profile A > General > DigitMap:
(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The default is set up for North American number formats, which are not much good to you (or me as I'm in the UK). As a rough first attempt I would suggest something like this:

(<0030>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|00xx.S4|xx.S4)

<0030>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx – prepends  0030 to any ten digit number starting with digit 2 through 9 – narrow this range down if possible. These calls should route with very little delay.

00xx.S4 – this will match any number of digits starting with 00 and process that match after a delay of four seconds.

xx.S4 – this will match any number not matched by the other rules and process that match after a delay of four seconds. This is slightly dangerous if you dial numbers such as emergency numbers which may need to be routed via the Line Port to PSTN.

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

bomberb17

Questions:
Are you using the Line Port – do you wish any calls to be routed through it to PSTN?

I want to use the Line port for emergency numbers (starting with '1')

Is pennyconnect set up on SP1?
Yes

Is SP1 designated as the Primary Line?
Yes

If pennyconnect is set up on SP1, then the digit map that needs changing is:

(1xxxxxxxxxx|<1>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)

The default is set up for North American number formats, which are not much good to you (or me as I'm in the UK). As a rough first attempt I would suggest something like this:

(<0030>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|00xx.S4|xx.S4)

<0030>[2-9]xxxxxxxxx – prepends  0030 to any ten digit number starting with digit 2 through 9 – narrow this range down if possible. These calls should route with very little delay.

00xx.S4 – this will match any number of digits starting with 00 and process that match after a delay of four seconds.

xx.S4 – this will match any number not matched by the other rules and process that match after a delay of four seconds. This is slightly dangerous if you dial numbers such as emergency numbers which may need to be routed via the Line Port to PSTN.

My current setting is (1xxxxxxxxxx|[2-9]xxxxxxxxx|011xx.|xx.|(Mipd)|[^*#]@@.)
Will your setting route the emergency numbers through the PSTN line?

Thanks for your reply!

bomberb17

I changed to the new digit map and the calls are made through the PSTN line, not through the SP1! I checked primary line setting and it was set back to PSTN by itself! I changed it back to SP1 but after a while it went back to PSTN and default box checked.. Why is this happening?

drgeoff

Quote from: bomberb17 on November 19, 2015, 04:26:13 AM
I changed to the new digit map and the calls are made through the PSTN line, not through the SP1! I checked primary line setting and it was set back to PSTN by itself! I changed it back to SP1 but after a while it went back to PSTN and default box checked.. Why is this happening?
I guess you are making the changes using the device's onboard web server GUI and they are being overwritten by the portal. You must either use Expert mode on the portal (as stated by ianobi) or disable Obitalk provisioning in the System Management, AutoProvisioning part of the onboard interface.

http://www.obitalk.com/forum/index.php?topic=61.msg109#msg109

ianobi

The OBiTALK portal is overwriting your changes with default settings. Use this method to make changes:

Make changes via the OBi Expert Configuration pages. From your OBi Dashboard, click on your OBi number and follow the prompts to get there. To change a value uncheck both boxes to the right of the value and leave them unchecked. After changing the values on one page, press submit at the bottom of the page and wait a few minutes for the OBi to reboot. Then move on to another page if required.

Change to these settings:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service
Voice Service > Auto Attendant > PrimaryLine: SP1 Service

Greece seems to have various emergency numbers apart from 112. These are best dealt with in the Phone Port DigitMap and Phone Port OutboundCallRoute. Change as follows:

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > DigitMap:
([1-9]x?*(Mpli)|[1-9]S9|[1-9][0-9]S9|1xx|**0|***|#|**1(Msp1)|**2(Msp2)|**8(Mli)|**9(Mpp)|(Mpli))

Physical Interfaces > PHONE Port > OutboundCallRoute:
{([1-9]x?*(Mpli)):pp},{(<#:>|1xx):li},{**0:aa},{***:aa2},{(<**1:>(Msp1)):sp1},{(<**2:>(Msp2)):sp2},{(<**8:>(Mli)):li},{(<**9:>(Mpp)):pp},{(Mpli):pli}

The changes I have highlighted will ensure that any three-digit number starting with 1 will be routed to the Line Port / PSTN regardless of any changes to any other digit maps.

Edit: Let me know if there are any other numbers to be routed to PSTN. You know better than me what formats they take  - number of digits etc.